IROK ~ Radial vs. Bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IROK ~ Radial vs. Bias

I have never been an IROK fan since their conception, but I may have to give them a try since they come recommended by so many of you here. BUT, I would like to hear some first hand experience between their two constructions. I am looking at the 36 x 13.50's and I see the Bias dimensions are just under 37 while the Radials are a solid 36. I do not run much on the highway and am leaning towards the Bias. Any comments or suggestions?

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801
    A few replies a couple of posts down..

I have the bias and love them. I have had tsl's, Sx's, and BFG's. Nothing is even close to the stickyness of te irok. THe lug design works very well in all terrain as well. THe carcass is very soft and conforms to obsticals better than can be imagined. I would get the Radial simply for better drivability and longevity...
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sorry, I didn't see that post when I linked. You can delete this thread if you want...

Comment

Naw man, no deletion necessary. We don't play those games here. I was just posting the link so you could read thier responses as well...
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

So why would you get the Radial next time exactly? Just for the highway manners?
          Aren't you supposed to get better traction and durability out of the Bias?

Comment

you might better traction on a minimal basis but you will get way more benifits in the long run with the radials. My Iroks are ok on the road but leave a lot to be disired.

Comment

I was told the bias have stronger sidewalls so they are better for the rocks. FM
              72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
              1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

I have heard the same. I don't have any SLICKROCK where I'm at either, just SHARPROCKS! lol

Comment

I run the 36" TSL SX. Best tire I've used so far, no cuts on the sidewall and street manners are not to bad.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I have the 36" Bias, and love them. Road manners and all.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by 69crawler
                      I run the 36" TSL SX. Best tire I've used so far, no cuts on the sidewall and street manners are not to bad.
                      Buddy of mine runs the 35 x 15.50 SX and it works great, but a lot of guys on here said that the IROK works better...? I WAS going to get the SX's myself.

Comment

SX's are definitely bad ass. If you get them just plan on buying a tire groover and cutting the crap out of them to loosen them up. These tires are so tough you won't need a spare...well maybe not that tough. I never had an issue other than being way too stiff especially inthe snow. With beadlocks, the inner bead was continually popping off because of the super stiff sidewall...

Comment

I'm still waiting to get my IROKS off my driveway and onto the dirt. The sidewalls are 6 ply polyester compared to the SX's 4 ply nylon , but with the SX having the heavy tread wrapping the sidewall it may be less prone to flex and punctures. I'll be abusing my SX's again this weekend at Fordyce.
                          67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                          69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                          69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                          79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                          67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I havent had any trouble loosing beads on 38.5SX or 39.5 bias IROKs
                            Attached Files
                            69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Hmm, I wonder why? lol

Do you guys think my crappy Allied Beadlocks will hold onto them or am I
                              going to start popping the inner beads?

Comment

Working...
                              X