Q Jet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q Jet ?

What is the part number or model # of the Q jet you guys recommend? I think I have one on my engine the only thing it says is edelbrock but im not sure how to tell what one i have.
    Last edited by BroncRider; 10-10-2010, 07:42 PM.

Re: Q Jet ?

than its not a Q-jet. There should be a list number on the carb, for a 4 bbl edelbrock it should be something like 1405 or 1406

If you look up what ever list number you find, it will tell you exactly what kind of edlebrock you have.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

For a while, Edelbrock was selling a "Quadrajet replacement" which for all intents and purposes was a quadrajet. Two of my friends have them and you can't tell the difference aside from an Edelbrock label attached to them. Its possible you may have one of these.

The easiest way to tell is if your carb requires the use of an adapter between the manifold and carb. QJets are a spread bore design and most Ford manifolds have a square bore. If there's an adapter, then you probably have a Qjet/Edelbrock Qjet. If it bolts directly to the manifold, chances are its just a normal Edelbrock, square bore carb.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

If you're lucky you've got an Offy spreadbore alum manifold and a Q-jet! Another easy way to tell is pull the air cleaner off and if two of the bores are about twice the size of the other two it is a Q-jet variant from Edelbrock. If all four are the same size ya got a regular 'ol Edelbrock.
        sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Yeah no Q-jet thanks for the info.

Comment

Edlbrock has an offroad needle and seat that will help that thing run better when it's not so level. Not sure how well they work but it is cheaper than a new carb..........
            1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Where can I pick that up?

Comment

Summit, or if you don't want to wait go to Tognottis on El Camino and Fulton.
                1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
                X