Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle Air Contorl valves

So I think mines going bad.
    Looking at replacements I see many of them reference the ford part number, problem is, I don't have one. Mine has been replaced before with junk I had laying around I'd bet.
    Any one know the different? To me, it looks like the connector at the bottom is just clocked different.

Anyone else have a diode on their IAC harness? I just noticed it the other day. I've never seen a diode on another harness. Mine is just a factory Form harness. I run the A9P what ever it is computer, I'm just wondering if this diode has been a problem when I've have cold idle issues and IAC issues.
    Last edited by welndmn; 10-24-2010, 07:47 PM.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: Idle Air Contorl valves

Well, I'm out there playing, motor ohms out fine, the book I have says 7-10 ohms, mine reads at 9.
    I found a blow up of the IAC and they list a diode inside the actual IAC, so I might have some odd harness where the IAC was in the harness. I guess I can just cut it out and see.
    I noticed I'm only getting 11 volts at the plug, battery voltage is 12.75.
    Mark Harris

Comment

Hm, I should of checked voltage before the diode, meh, I've had a few drinks,
      Mark Harris

Comment

Any luck? As far as I know Ford used the same IAC on a whole bunch of models. Pretty simple device. First thing I'd check when the engine is misbehaving is to unplug it while the engine is running and see if anything changes. They can get sticky when they get gummed up, but usually some shots of carb cleaner can resurrect them.

Never seen a diode on an IAC circuit, but to be honest I haven't messed with that many old Ford harnesses.
        1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
        I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

I ment to play more with it, but laying on the couch watching TV won that battle.
          I plug and un pluged it, but right now the motor is still open headers so it's hard to hear/notice any changes.
          Mark Harris

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
            I ment to play more with it, but laying on the couch watching TV won that battle.
            I plug and un pluged it, but right now the motor is still open headers so it's hard to hear/notice any changes.
            Older harnesses had them, not sure how Ford changed them or why in the latter years...
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
              Older harnesses had them, not sure how Ford changed them or why in the latter years...
              Older harnesses came with open headers?? Cool!!! Oh wait, you meant diodes. There I go, the Bulleit (mmmm... look it up) talking again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars View Post
                Older harnesses came with open headers?? Cool!!! Oh wait, you meant diodes. There I go, the Bulleit (mmmm... look it up) talking again.
                Bulleit Bourbon is an American brand of straight bourbon whiskey characterized by its high rye content at approximately 28%, the absence of phenol and aging of at least six years.[1] The design of the flask is reminiscent of an old-fashioned brown medicine flask with raised lettering and a cork stopper. The bourbon is 45% alcohol by volume, or 90 proof in most countries, in 2008 however, in Australia, Bulleit Bourbon is now imported at 40% and bottled in the UK, rather than in the US. This change has also been marked by the label on the bottle no longer being applied diagonally, but horizontally, and also a change in the manufacture of the actual glass bottle. The new bottle design is screw top as opposed to plastic mounted cork, and the bottle lettering is raised higher and its bottle manufacture is generally lower quality, but will only be seen in the UK bottling (40%) export markets. Bulleit sold on the UK market, presently (after this change in bottling location) is presumably also 40% alcohol by volume, not 45%....
                Last edited by 904Bronco; 10-26-2010, 07:05 PM.
                2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Well done, Doug!

It's quite good. Sippin' whiskey, as they say.

Comment

Working...
                  X