HP60 using stock wedges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP60 using stock wedges

I got everything I think I need to start putting the 60 under the bronc.

What I need are pics of those who have used Cbushing wedges since my STRAIGHT long arms are already fabbed up. Want to throw the mounts under frame not outboard yet keep them close to stock angle out.

Can anyone oblige or have links to pics, Pirate, Classic, wherever?

Re: HP60 using stock wedges

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
    I got everything I think I need to start putting the 60 under the bronc.

What I need are pics of those who have used Cbushing wedges since my STRAIGHT long arms are already fabbed up. Want to throw the mounts under frame not outboard yet keep them close to stock angle out.

Can anyone oblige or have links to pics, Pirate, Classic, wherever?
    NOT ANOTHER FW & wedges thread.....
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Yeah a spinoff since you guys are arguing about every other darned thing, I know my mounts are going under frame and some have notched the wedges or center section to clear the arms, whatever to put the arms at stock width apart at the diff end.

Ahh frick it, I'll just go mock them up according to the stock 44.

Comment

Pretty much, they only fit in one place, just grind them out and glue them on.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

make sure you use super glue. Elmers doesn't stick when it gets wet.
          {o===o}
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....

Comment

And buy allot of grinding wheels! You're gonna need them. You have to grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and then grind some more to get the wedges fit a D60 axle tube. I will never do that again!

Comment

I am leaning more to just making spacers for the radius arms. Drill out holes to match the 3/4" bolts, and tap for the coil buckets. Duff has them for sale but so damn easy to just make. My wedges are perfect for the tube, just dont go all the way together as stock was.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                I am leaning more to just making spacers for the radius arms. Drill out holes to match the 3/4" bolts, and tap for the coil buckets. Duff has them for sale but so damn easy to just make. My wedges are perfect for the tube, just dont go all the way together as stock was.
                I've done both ways, both work just fine.
                When grinding them out for my friend Steve, I got 3-4 1 inch thick grinding wheels, stacked them together (live on the edge) of a 8 inch grinder and tailored them to fit.
                Mark Harris
                71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                  And buy allot of grinding wheels! You're gonna need them. You have to grind and grind and grind and grind and grind and then grind some more to get the wedges fit a D60 axle tube. I will never do that again!
                  I did it too. If grinding, get the big ass grinder and the big wheel. Cuts time way down. No it's not fun but when your done you'll like it.
                  Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I made spacers and only ground the drivers side to fit over the housing. i did have to grind down the spring perch though.

Last edited by plug ugly; 10-29-2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

^ That seems like the smart way to do it ^
                      {o===o}

Comment

yes, but not necessarily the right way. Technically, my spacer is way too big. IIRC according to Cage, the 60 with uncut wedges is only like 1/4 inch larger in diameter than a 44, so my spacer is way too big for proper tension on the C-bushing . OTH, I have never had any problems with this set up under a 7000 pound pig for several years, AND had to use two different length bolts to get the end cap back on. Longer ones to start and shorter ones to finish and have never spit or split a bushing.

Comment

I would worry more about breaking a bolt(s). Those bolts take allot of twisting force, especially the way we drive our rigs offroad and the amount of flex that we demand from our suspension systems.

Comment

Do it right and grind it down Les. no need to fix a problem with another problem.
                            Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                            I would worry more about breaking a bolt(s). Those bolts take allot of twisting force, especially the way we drive our rigs offroad and the amount of flex that we demand from our suspension systems.
                            If the spacer is the exacty ID as the bolt I dont see that being a huge factor (movement/play), especially since there are 4 total.

EDIT:
                            IF the spacer was only 1/4 and not what ever Pugs is

Heres a good link to it
                            http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161849
                            Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 10-29-2010, 12:43 PM.
                            {o===o}

Comment

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
                              Do it right and grind it down Les. no need to fix a problem with another problem.

If the spacer is the exacty ID as the bolt I dont see that being a huge factor (movement/play), especially since there are 4 total.

EDIT:
                              IF the spacer was only 1/4 and not what ever Pugs is

Heres a good link to it
                              http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161849

Your likely fine. But I can see what crawlin68 is saying. Aren't the bolts longer and thus the leverage on them in twist greater? That's what I'd worry about, but I'd still do it. Just watch them.
                              Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

Working...
                              X