P/S Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/S Box?

I am able to get my hands on a 1973 Scout p/s box for free if I want. It faces forward which is opposite the Bronco. What do I need to complete the swap?
    1970 Bronco 302 np435 3.5 lift 33s disc brakes ford 9 w Yukon locker

Re: P/S Box?

Not sure what you would have to do to do a Swap, but I have two buddies that used that same box with the pitman facing forward on a 6" push of there front axle. Leaves the pitman arm a little vulnerable.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I agree with Marc, unless you have moved your front axle froward a bunch, a scout box is really not the ideal option.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

I run a scout box with swapped internals to allow for a rearward facing Pitman arm. You need the guts from EB box or astro minivan to reverse the direction. Same concept as the 4x4x2 box using different parts. West Texas Offroad built mine to replace my EB box that they damaged during machining. If you contact them they should have all the parts you need for the swap.
        The scout box is a good solid box, but I would lean towards a 4x4x2 box just because the cases and parts are more readily available.
        If the scout box is free, I would snatch it up because they have decent market value.
        Last edited by highlander; 11-05-2010, 09:59 AM.
        69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

The scout box might not be useful to you, but the scout pitman would be. It's dramatically shorter than a bronco arm which allows you ps box to apply more of it's power.
          72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBOUND View Post
            The scout box might not be useful to you, but the scout pitman would be. It's dramatically shorter than a bronco arm which allows you ps box to apply more of it's power.
            On this track, the 92 4X4 dodge also has a 1 inch shorter pitman arm that works on the ford box. I still need to put that on mine.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I need to get that one
              1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I have 78 bronco box stock with forward arm on both of my broncos. One has axle foward 3-4 inches. The other has axle forward 12 inches. Sweet box in stock form. I've got a 4x4x2 box potted by west Texas off road I'm trying to get rid of. I have the ram too. Don't need it.
                69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

How much?
                  69, 7" lift,D-44 with air locker, 9" 35 spl full floater with a locker, 4-wheel disc, custom paint, one off custom mods, Hanson bumpers and side protection, 35's on Champion beadlocks.

Comment

Working...
                  X