Early doors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early doors

I have a set of early doors with the round door pin instead of the eliptical pin. Can I use that on a later door opening by just changing the pin in the jamb or do I need to change the latch assembly?

Re: Early doors

It's a slightly different location too. I think you can swap the pin but you have to change the location for the latch as well. Might be worth swapping with someone unless you are after the removable frame doors. The 68s which are the prime set are getting hard to find. You could get a set of new door lowers also. 600 I think but not bad for brand spanking new doors.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

They are for the four door conversion so I have to cut the doors up anyway. I have a set of early and later doors but the early doors are cleaner, no rust so I think I can just adapt them in the jambs. Hinges look like they are in the same spot so it is just the latch side.

Comment

Originally posted by camomog View Post
        Hinges look like they are in the same spot so it is just the latch side.
        You are correct. Hinges are the same, it's just the striker and latch that are in different positions.

Comment

Working...
        X