Roll Cage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Cage ?

I would like to know your opinion on pre made weld in roll cage kits. I traded some winches for a guy to make me a roll cage but he wants to buy a pre made on to make it easier on him. The cage that I would like is something that goes all the way back to the rear of the bronco for back seat protection. I also dont want to spend over about 500 on the cage any ideas?

Re: Roll Cage ?

Cole, doubt youll even touch any kind of premade family cage from anybody for under $800. and at $800 you dont get much.
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

http://extremecustomparts.com/i-5936...r-kickers.html what do you think of this jeff?

Comment

Doesnt look bad for a basic family cage. pretty bare bones and with the shipping from iowa youd prob be in at your target price. so hes going to buy it and put it together???in trade for the winches??
        72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
        BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
        RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

yeah he is doing that and installing my winch for me because i gave him those 2 18000lb warn winches i had. when he gets the cage i would also like to add stuff to that one it should be easy.

Comment

I don't mean to drift this thread, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a cage kit using less than 2" tubing? Could you not get the same strength in a smaller diameter by going with a DOM tubing? I'd like to keep my stock interior functional. I'm running a hardtop most of the time at this point, but considering a family cage as a safety precaution. Most of the cages I've seen just really take up space and restrict access to things like the glovebox, window cranks, etc. I'd think that a smaller diameter tube could be bent to fit the contours of the dash / interior better.
            1973 Bronco: 302, C4 auto, stock interior, stock drivetrain, 3.50 gears, power brakes, twin-stick, 3.5" WH suspension, 33" Goodyear MTR, Mile-Marker hydraulic winch

Comment

Im going to go with the family cage from broncobob.com they have other cages on there that could be smaller diameter. I am sure you can find something out there in smaller OD. Google it.

Comment

Most cages are actually built out of 1.75. And any off the shelf cage will fit under your hard top.
                72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

There is a guy in Sacramento I think. He put a cage on the board but he always has a CL add; he puts together a real nice simple family cage for $800. It's hrew just like the one you want to order. On that note there is nothing wrong with hrew, the builder just has to be cognizant of the seams. It will do it's job and save your life but odds are you will have to replace the cage after one roll over.

I'll see if I can find the cl add.

Comment

Thats CageDave here on the board, shoot him a pm. His work saved my stupid arse once, and he built my current fam cage, great work!
                    Rick-
                    68 Slightly modified
                    67 LUBR once again
                    61 Willy Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by BroncRider View Post
                      yeah he is doing that and installing my winch for me because i gave him those 2 18000lb warn winches i had. when he gets the cage i would also like to add stuff to that one it should be easy.

Hold off before you buy that. I have his family cage and it has bends from an exhaust tubing bender. Some of the bends were off too. Overall I was not happy. This was 8 years ago however.

A little more money, but Id do this. Also, if the same still Bobs are just tubing and you would need notch and fit. The protofab are fit and notched (at leased used to be) and ready to be welded. They were also marked to make alignment easy. Besides, protofab makes great stuff.

http://www.protofab4x4.com/products.php?ID=00&ID2=47
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I have a cage in the for sale section. It is ready to bolt in. Im asking $800. It is in Rancho Cordova. Make me an offer. Its the one on the ground not on the jack stands and its all 2 inch 1/8inch wall DOM. It is the Complete offroad competition cage with the door bars removed and a dashbar added and seatbelt bar added behind the seats for 4pt harness. I had Corbeau seats in it but that part can be cut out or modified. THe basic cage is $999 plus shipping here. I then had the family section in the rear custom built of the same material and TIG welded by Dan Trout.
                        http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ht=bronco+cage

Last edited by brocbronc; 11-18-2010, 08:26 PM.
                        69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Well i traded a guy a winch and I told him what I wanted its kinda up to him cause we agreed it would not be more that 500 bucks. He was supposed to build me a cage from scratch but he wants to just put one together to save time.

Comment

If that is the case, then I would just have him build you a cage. And out of DOM. The tube for your cage will only be $200 to $250.

Comment

Thanks Rick. I sent a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X