Air compressor idea..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air compressor idea..

Has anyone seen a air compressor that could be used in place of the smog pump..I'm not going to use one on Mikes 351 Lighting motor so if a air pump could be made to fit into the aluminum bracket it would solve many fitment and space issues. AC is staying..so not a option and stand a lone's just don't cut it besides the space requirements.

Thanks, Cary
    Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Re: Air compressor idea..

Which front dress does the lightning 351 have on it? I have a 5.0 Mustang alternator bracket (with spot below for the smog pump). I looked at mounting my Sanden compressor in place of the smog pump and it would be doable if I didn't have inner fenders, but I think its just a little too tight without ditching the inner skirt. Its not an exact bolt in but it wouldn't be hard to fab up an adapter bracket.

If you do come up with something I'd like to see it.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

BC broncos claims there sanden adapter brackets allow you to mount a Sanden cmpressor in place of the smog pump on mustang type front dress. ALthough I have never seen one fitted up.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I have a NIB sanden w/ serp pulley sitting around. I know you aren't nearby but if you get down this way you can borrow it for fitment.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
          BC broncos claims there sanden adapter brackets allow you to mount a Sanden cmpressor in place of the smog pump on mustang type front dress. ALthough I have never seen one fitted up.
          I have those brackets mounted to my Sanden But can't find it to post a pic. It didn't get mounted before my move and is now lost in the pile of boxes. In looking at it before I packed, it looked like it was goona work perfect. Can't be to sure until you get into it though...

I'll keep looking.............
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

Working...
          X