What did I just buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just buy

Okay, I just found a barn Bronco. So Im asking can I just build what I want or is there something special to these things. The Bronco was last registered in 2005. The vin is U15NL835082. Can't find a data plate on the door sill but did find something on the drivers side firewall but didn't have my reading glasses to see the numbers. Is the plate I found the data plate and if not where do I look.

Plan is 302. 4 or 5 speed, efi (fast or other brand), Power disk brakes, power steering. Its all about driving comfortably. The Bronco will mostly be used for traveling to hunting areas.

Dave

Re: What did I just buy

Welcome, you can build these things any way you want, they are all welcome. If its got a data plate on the driver kick its likely a 66-67, it will have the info on what it came with. 68 and later had the plate on the inside of the glove box door.

Be sure to post up some pics!

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Sorry...no pics...no info.

Just kidding. Like Josh said, build it any way you want. By the VIN # that you posted I can tell you that it's regular U15 wagon version. Should have two front seats and a full hard top on it and back seat. Unless you got a ranch U15, then it will have a bench front seat with a bulhead right behind the bench seat and it won't have a back seat. The VIN also tells me that it's either a 67, 68 or 69. It came with a 289 engine and was built in the Michigan Ford plant.

Lets see some pics!!!
      Last edited by crawlin68; 12-11-2010, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by workin it View Post
        Okay, I just found a barn Bronco. So Im asking can I just build what I want or is there something special to these things. The Bronco was last registered in 2005. The vin is U15NL835082. Can't find a data plate on the door sill but did find something on the drivers side firewall but didn't have my reading glasses to see the numbers. Is the plate I found the data plate and if not where do I look.

Plan is 302. 4 or 5 speed, efi (fast or other brand), Power disk brakes, power steering. Its all about driving comfortably. The Bronco will mostly be used for traveling to hunting areas.

Dave
        Looks like it should be a U15NLA35082
        67 built in October with a V8. The data tag will have other details on it too. Here is a site that you can use to descipher the info.
        http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html

Comment

I'll agree with PDX and Crawlin68... build it the way you want to. There really is no right or wrong way to build a Bronco - just build it to do what you want it to, and enjoy it. Part of what I like about the Bronco community is the diversity in the way people build and accessorize their rigs. Browse the project section and you'll get all kinds of ideas and hopefully learn from some of our mistakes in the process. There isn't much that hasn't been done by at least one or two of us on this site already...
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Okay, I'm going to try and load Pic's. Here it is parked in my barn. Figure after the holidays I'll move it intot he shop and take it apart.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a great start to a fun project. What are your plans for it?

Comment

Well, you're well on your way to an incureable addiction to rusty sheet metal & expensive upgrades! Won't be long before you've got a parts rig, then a parts rig for your parts rig to make a trail rig... Welcome aboard.
                sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

You just bought my stolen bronco that was taken from me back in 05!!! where can I come pick it up!!

JK!!! Have fun, looks like a fun project! Pops
                  Last edited by TBS-POPS; 12-12-2010, 04:35 PM.
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                  BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                  RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                    Looks like it should be a U15NLA35082
                    67 built in October with a V8. The data tag will have other details on it too. Here is a site that you can use to descipher the info.
                    http://www.broncohio.com/tech/ebvins.html
                    U15NL835082 looks like a Mar '66 VIN to me. The 289 was available in '66, just not in the early months. Broncohio has some errors.

Comment

Originally posted by Viperwolf1 View Post
                      U15NL835082 looks like a Mar '66 VIN to me. The 289 was available in '66, just not in the early months. Broncohio has some errors.
                      Yup, I didnt even look at the 66 and thought that 8 was supposed to be an A, all the other years had a letter there to start the date code. Good eye!

Comment

Title says 66. My current plan is to take it apart. Replace the two front floor pans, rhino line everything, put the 302 roller motor I've had sitten around for two years in it. Really undecided on a transmission yet. Either a C4 or 4/5 speed.

Disk brakes, power steering, just unfamiluar with the hydro asst set-ups I've been reading about. I'll be looking at ease of installation, maintenance, cost with most of the running gear.

It will be fuel injected and most likely a FAST system or simular.

Mainly going to be used for driving to our hunting area's up north and towed to Colorado.

Comment

Working...
                        X