ZF clutch line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZF clutch line?

Does anyone know what BC or other vendors are doing for ZF's with hydraulic lines? I looked at BC's site, and they are using a braided line, but it does not look like they are using the original slave pressure fitting or master. The line has different looking nipples. How are they converting over to the internal slave?

Re: ZF clutch line?

i just installed a ZF in my Bronco and used these Russell clutch fittings and a stainless hose, I used a 42" hose, but a 36" should be plenty long enough. Of course if your set-up is different you can get hoses in any length.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I used the BC line. It installs by removing the stock line disconnect from the slave. Only downside is that you have to drop the tranny if ulyou want to replace the line. At first I had used the stock line but the PO of the tranny had a Ranger slave so the line leaked. The stock line reached just fine. I still have the stock line which I purchase brand new, if interested PM me.

Comment

With the Russell fittings you can just remove the hose without pulling the tranny, and the fittings and hose together are about the same price as the BC hose that is all one piece.
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I just used a new stock 91 f-250 molded unit that my ZF came out of, fit well.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I had one made with a 90* at the M/C and straight at the tranny. But if I ever need to re[lace it I like the way Efibroncoman did his more field serviceable if needed. My dad had a stock one melt on us in Wy. one time
            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have the contoured stock line in my fullsize, but need something new.

For those with the stainless lines, what did you use to hook at the m/c? Or are you using a m/c with a -3 fitting?

also, the stock line has a plastic collar that gets depressed when removing from the slave, how does the russel fiting remove, it doesnt appear to have a slide collar?
              Last edited by plug ugly; 12-13-2010, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Both the master cylinder and the hydraulic throwout bearing use a roll pin to hold the stock fitting in place. Just push out the roll pin and the hose will pull right out. To install the Russell fittings just put the fitting in and slide the roll pin back in to hold the fitting.

Comment

my 94 slave does not have a roll pin in it, the m/c does, but not the slave, just that wierd compression fitting.

edit: do you mean where the tube for the compression fitting mounts into the slave body itself?
                  Last edited by plug ugly; 12-13-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

My tranny came from a 1992 F-250, it had a hydraulic throwing bearing with the same type of connection as the master cylinder. There is another fitting for bleeding the system.

Comment

Hey , EFIbroncoman Will that be long enough if I had a body lift on my Bronco? I was looking for some kind of better line set-up , I'm the process of installing a ZF .
                      Last edited by JohnT; 12-22-2010, 01:00 PM.

Comment

I have a 2" body lift and the 42" hose is still too long... But I just routed it in a way where there is no kinks and used an extra mounting strap. I really think that the 36" would be plenty long enough if your clutch master cylinder was mounted in front of the clutch pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
                          my 94 slave does not have a roll pin in it, the m/c does, but not the slave, just that wierd compression fitting.

edit: do you mean where the tube for the compression fitting mounts into the slave body itself?
                          look for the roll pin just behind the compressed fitting on the slave cylinder at the tranny
                          72 BRONCO,still building.

Comment

looked again and saw the pic. Its back in there. Was anyone succesful at removing this pin without pulling the tranny?

Comment

so do I have the same slave as you guys? Im guessing there are two different styles. My russel fitting will be well inside the tranny like mentioned above

Comment

Working...
                              X