Holley T/A W/electric Choke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley T/A W/electric Choke

I went from a stock two barrel to a Holly T/A 670 with electric choke. My big question is how do I go about hooking up the electric choke? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Holley T/A W/electric Choke

You need a power source that is hot in run for most electric chokes... basically the current heats up the coil which slowly opens the choke and holds it there as the engine runs.
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

if you have the stock alternator:
      wiring diagram shows a wht-blk wire to the "s" terminal and then to the electric choke.
      {o===o}
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
      Originally posted by CityHick
      I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Don't hook it up to your ingtion coil, I've seen to many people do that and then have cold start issues.
        Mark Harris
        71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncobowsher
          No, it should go to the "s" or "sta" terminal on the alternater.
          There should be a wire from the solenoid that goes to the ignition to bypass the ballast resister during crank. Welcome to the world of wonderful wiring screw ups.

What they were trying to do was use ignition power to open the choke. that pulls power away from the ignition system. The ballast resistor is there to limit current to the ignition coil. By adding extra load (the choke) you take that limited power away from the ignition system to open the choke. But the bigger screw up, the bypass wire that they are trying to use to steel power isn't even hooked up. So the whole thing is wrong. That electric choke isn't getting power to open exept during crank.
          http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...58&postcount=3
          {o===o}
          Originally posted by TBS-POPS
          EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
          Originally posted by CityHick
          I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Thanks for the help, ill let you know how it turns out...

Comment

Working...
            X