X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Injection Question

Found the following set up on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Early...item2a0c87ed09

I know very little about fuel injection, and what I need to run it, but the current price caught my eye.

Does this look complete, and is it something worth buying?

Re: Fuel Injection Question

Looks like everything is there... But it must be a speed density system, I didn't see a Mass Air Meter in the pictures, and I don't know what application an 8KF ECM came from. If the price stays low, I'd go for it. Keep in mind though, even though that harness looks like it has already been built to work in a bronco, a lot of factory connectors can be pretty brittle when sourced from donor cars. If it is a speed density system, it will work decent on a stock engine, with a stock type camshaft with the 5.0L/351W firing order. If you want to run a modified engine then you will want to have an MAF system. You can adapt a speed density system to Mass Air but it will require a different ECM, a mass air meter, and some additional wiring. Check out www.fordfuelinjection.com for more info on what to look for.
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I've sortof been through this before. Rushed out before I did my research and pulled a speed density setup of an 86 Mustang. Let it sit for awhile and ended up selling it cheap. Got bitten by the EFI bug again and did it right the 2nd time! '97 Explorer GT-40 heads, upper/ lower intakes, fuel rail, TB blah, blah. Sourced the computer from classifieds (A9L). I'd say wait for a 1/2 off sale at a pick-n-pull and go get some explorer intakes to start your system off with. Do it right the first time and do it ONCE...
      sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        Looks like everything is there... But it must be a speed density system, I didn't see a Mass Air Meter in the pictures, and I don't know what application an 8KF ECM came from. If the price stays low, I'd go for it. Keep in mind though, even though that harness looks like it has already been built to work in a bronco, a lot of factory connectors can be pretty brittle when sourced from donor cars. If it is a speed density system, it will work decent on a stock engine, with a stock type camshaft with the 5.0L/351W firing order. If you want to run a modified engine then you will want to have an MAF system. You can adapt a speed density system to Mass Air but it will require a different ECM, a mass air meter, and some additional wiring. Check out www.fordfuelinjection.com for more info on what to look for.
        Grand Marquis was the donor so it is Speed density EFI. It will be great as long as you keep the motor stock... If it stays around a $100 then it is a good deal, but EFIbroncooman is right old harnesses will probably need some rehab work done to them...
        2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
        1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
        2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Great info guys. Thanks. Just looking to make my DD better than carb. Motor has been rebuilt with a RV cam. Other than headers and roller rockers, pretty stock. Is this stock enough for this system? Also, would my 302 have the correct firing order?

I'd try to piece one together, but time and knowledge is pretty limited.

Comment

Working...
          X