anyone recognize this drive flange?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone recognize this drive flange?

Got these in a pile of parts. Splines look right.

Two questions, really:

Other than gas mileage and wear, is there a downside to these over locking hub? Not too worried about either, would gladly trade off for having less crap outside of my hub.

Install - I think they still need the spring behind them, and a seal of some sort, but anyone have a problem with the press fit outer bit coming off?
    Attached Files

Re: anyone recognize this drive flange?

Slugs are way more awesome the hubs.
    That looms like a waggy slug, you just need the spring and the snap rings.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Looks like a Heep Waggy slug. They are stronger, but they do make everything turn full time so there will be more wear and tear on your front end, driveline and t-case. Especially if you run non needle bearing u-joints. (IE, CTM, OX, Super Joints, etc...)

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        Looks like a Heep Waggy slug. They are stronger, but they do make everything turn full time so there will be more wear and tear on your front end, driveline and t-case. Especially if you run non needle bearing u-joints. (IE, CTM, OX, Super Joints, etc...)
        Great point about the joints, thanks.

Comment

I keep a couple of the GM ones in my tool box for wheelin trips. Good as a get me home part but dont want it in full time.
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

Working...
          X