np 435 rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• np 435 rebuild?

Hey guys, I am putting in a newer moter and I pulled the tranny and tranfer case. I noticed that the trans was leeking fluid into the bell housing from the input shaft. I got the rebuild kit from wild house, I have never done this before. Any one got any tips and or were I can get a diagram for the np 435? Also should I rebuild the tranfer case?
    Thanks, Mike

Re: np 435 rebuild?

Never rebuilt one, but it is just a gear box. Pay attention to how the gears and syncros come apart so you can put them back correctly.
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

PM me with your e-mail address and I can send you the 435 rebuild sheets from a Ford shop manual in pdf format.

Comment

Easy rebuild! There are updated syncro's so make sure you have the new ones, and the bearing race is hard to get out of the input retainer for replacement. I just weld a bolt across it then you can pound it out with a hammer/punch.

Jim

Comment

thanks for the info guys...it helps a lot! I'm gonna give it a try. Anyoneknow anything about rebuilding Dana 20 transfer case?

Comment

It's even easier. And a good place to start actually. Get your mind in the right gear for doing the 435, which has more parts and takes some finesse. The 20 practically puts itself together.

That help? Yeah, probably not. But a lot of the guys here have done it and will be happy to give you the straight skinny I'm sure.

Paul
            Wild Horses 4-Wheel Drive
            www.wildhorses4x4.com

71 U15 3.5" WH lift, Hanson rear, cut w/33" Swamper Thornbirds
            68 U15 2.5" WH lift, Hanson front, uncut w/31 BFG Explorer engine/trans

Comment

Working...
            X