various coil hieghts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• various coil hieghts?

does anyone know what WH. BC. etc coil heights are for various lifts? Im looking for a coil to use as a rear, under the frame coil.

prolly stock or up to 3.5 lift is what I am guessing.

Re: various coil hieghts?

I think any Bronco coil is gonna be too tall.... Even stock when the axle tube would touch the bumpstops, you only had about a 2" gap between the tube and the frame. On bronco coil springs, all of the coils on each spring are the same diameter... So, under full compression all the coils stack on top of eachother. I think you'll end up with a really tall ride height or you might wanna try TJ rear coil springs. Maybe even look into APC coils...
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

what are APC coils?

Comment

I don't know if this helps you or not but here is the info on WH coils:

3.5" lift coils
        20.1 free length
        15.5 installed length
        204/375 spring rate

4.5 lift coils
        20.6 free length
        16.5 installed length
        229/375 spring rate

5.5 lift coils
        21.5 free length
        17.5 listalled length
        236/375 spring rate

Comment

yes it does, thanks

edit:

Just got off the phone with Toms for compressed heights
          Stock 13"
          2.5 lift 15.5
          3.5 lift is 16.5
          5.5 is 18
          Last edited by plug ugly; 01-19-2011, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by plug ugly View Post
            what are APC coils?
            Sorry about that.... Not APC, I meant QA1...

QA1 has a huge selection of coil springs for a lot of different applications! I'm sure they have something that will work for you. Xtreme 4x4 used some of these for their Bio-Zuke project(biodiesel Samurai), and they did under the frame mounts and 4 link.... I noticed that they even have some springs that have progressively tighter windings so that they will collapse further than a spring where all the windings are the same diameter.
            SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Ive got the same coil buckets as you, so plus or minus a bit doesnt matter. I do want a progressive rate coil though

Comment

Working...
              X