89 stang EFI computer relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 stang EFI computer relay

I have been building up my wife's '74 for a while. I got the 5.0 running this last summer & have been tying up loose ends. I installed a plastic glove box liner & put the relay above the heater box. (computer is installed where stock speaker used to be)

Went to fire up the Bronco & the pumps would not cycle. I moved the relay with the key on & the pumps would click on & off. The relay was working intermittently. I left the relay hanging from the wires & now it works fine.

So, do the relays need to be mounted a certain way, is my relay going bad, or is my bronco just possessed?

Any input would be appreciated.

Re: 89 stang EFI computer relay

Originally posted by elarsen View Post
    I have been building up my wife's '74 for a while. I got the 5.0 running this last summer & have been tying up loose ends. I installed a plastic glove box liner & put the relay above the heater box. (computer is installed where stock speaker used to be)

Went to fire up the Bronco & the pumps would not cycle. I moved the relay with the key on & the pumps would click on & off. The relay was working intermittently. I left the relay hanging from the wires & now it works fine.

So, do the relays need to be mounted a certain way, is my relay going bad, or is my bronco just possessed?

Any input would be appreciated.
    Could be a bad relay.... Might be a wire going bad, connector in the plug loose, if it works best when it is hanging down... It should work in any position, except underwater...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Sometimes infrequent use they can stick.
      You should carry a spare anyway.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Thanks for the input

It made no sense that orientation would affect the relay. I will pick up a spare tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X