Unindentied Locker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unindentied Locker

I'm looking at buying some complete axles from a buddy. He picked them up from another guy who got them from another guy.... etc. Its a DANA 44 and Ford 9 inch both have 5.38 and the 9in has a Detriot locker. The DANA 44 has disk brakes and a locker locker too. every thing looks to be in great condition if not brand new. All for $900.

So my 1st question.... is it a good deal? Pretty sure it is but i always like reasurance that im right.

2nd.... What kind of locker is in the front? Neither my buddy or I or the pervious owners know what the locker is in the DANA 44. We pulled the cover and spun the locker looking for anything to indentify. I found the letters "VP" stamped twice along with this # 1188921920.

The ring gear had this # stamped on it if it helps. 11 2388 DANA D 18530 P2AA37 43 8

Thanks alot
    Attached Files

Re: Unindentied Locker

Almost looks like a powrlok which are really good, rebuildable, hard locking posi units.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

Re: Unindentied Locker

I would also guess a power lok but it could be an old Detriot as well.
      Look down one of the holes, see if you see clutches and shims.

So these are full witdh axles?
      IMO a 9 inch with 5.38's and a detriot is about 4-500$
      The 44, it depends on the year. If it's a cast on wedge one it's worth less, if it has weld on wedges it is worth more.

The power lok, while a good posi, it's not a locker. So if you plan on wheeling you'd need a locker and then resetup the gears.
      I might buy the power lok off you, as I wanted a front posi for a race car I'm building.
      Mark Harris
      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Working...
      X