What computer for EFI swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What computer for EFI swap

Anyone ever have any experience with a Napa Reman Computer? I just checked the part # and pricing at Riebes Napa is $141, Core is $116 but usually they take anything similar. Looks like Ebay / Craigs price is around $125-$175

Part # I came up with is NEC XTP220

Thoughts?
    1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

If you need a computer for a core, I have 4 sitting on my workbench collecting dust. None of them worked that great with my 5.8. The motor ran, but ran weird. One would not let the motor get RPMs above 2000. It was strange....
      WT 4x4
      91' One Ton Bronco
      1971 Bronco
      9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

what computers are those dave? mustang MAF stuff or speed density?

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
          If you need a computer for a core, I have 4 sitting on my workbench collecting dust. None of them worked that great with my 5.8. The motor ran, but ran weird. One would not let the motor get RPMs above 2000. It was strange....
          Cool, I will keep that in mind. I have been wanting to change mine from Speed Density to Mass air for some time now, figure I will start with the ECU.

J
          1969 EB, 88 Speed density EFI 302, HP D44 front w/ARB, Radius arm long arm, NP435, D20, D60 w/power lock rear, 4link rear with 4" stretch, Front and rear bumpers made by me.

Comment

honestly I have no idea. I have collected them over the years. I will pull part numbers tonight.
            WT 4x4
            91' One Ton Bronco
            1971 Bronco
            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Mine are

E9TF
              F4TF
              E4LB
              E4LB

All really only good for cores... or trail spare since they keep the motor running but not great.
              WT 4x4
              91' One Ton Bronco
              1971 Bronco
              9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Working...
              X