86 5.0 motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 5.0 motor

starts up and runs fine..but when i let off throttle it dies ..starts right back and runs good until i let off throttle than it dies..that the throttle control sensor? car in on an incline in driveway that make a difference..it ran fine when car was on level ground..any input would be appreciated...

Re: 86 5.0 motor

Originally posted by Nuchi View Post
    starts up and runs fine..but when i let off throttle it dies ..starts right back and runs good until i let off throttle than it dies..that the throttle control sensor? car in on an incline in driveway that make a difference..it ran fine when car was on level ground..any input would be appreciated...
    Start with the basics first: getting fuel and at what pressure/quantity? Spark good? Check plugs, cap/rotor, wiring under hood, something could be unplugged, Black and white large connectors at back of upper manifold are known to go bad, make sure no one has attached (piggy backed) a chip to the ECU, those things can go bad... How old is the fuel in the tank, how much?---fuel filter ok? After that, then the electronics can be checked...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

car has been sittin for a while..gas could be bad, i know he added some but might have had some remnents of old gas in it..ill pulled one plug to check it and looked like it was burning ok..ill check the rest..ill change fuel filter..and cap tomorrow..thxs for the suggestions..ill check them tomorrow

Comment

car has been sittin for a while..gas could be bad, i know he added some but might have had some remnents of old gas in it..ill pulled one plug to check it and looked like it was burning ok..ill check the rest..ill change fuel filter..and cap tomorrow..thxs for the suggestions..ill check them tomorrow
        Do you have a code reader? Is it throwing any codes?

Comment

no code reader, but i hear there fairly cheap to buy, is it worth buying ?

Comment

no code reader, but i hear there fairly cheap to buy, is it worth buying ?
            You can do it with a test light, but if you plan on an EFI conversion sometime it is nice to have

Comment

Underneath the upper plenim is an idle stop just like carbs. Have you tried to screw it in some?
              Dana 44 w/ ox locker, yukon axles, T-bird disc brakes. TBI 351 W, Saginaw p.s. & rock ram steering assist and F150 steering gear box. Manual dual chamber master cylinder. AOD with supercoupe 1st & 2nd gear. The t-case(S) are a 203/205 combo. Rear diff 5.13 detroit locked tru hi 9" with 35 spline axles in a big bearing housing. Suspension is a 5.5" lift with a one inch body lift. Inside two radios are CB and Ham radio (KI6CYF).

Comment

Working...
              X