York Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• York Air

Ok dudes need help. I'm greatful for Kevin giving me a york, but not sure what to do from hear. I have a stocker 302 with v-belt front, I will be mounting it above the alt. on the pass side. I need a list of all parts and how to set everything up for on-board air. Have'nt decided on using a bumper for storage or purchasing a tank. Everything in between I have no clue or the order it should be placed. Any help? Thanks!
    Leave No One Behind
    KK6AUW

Re: York Air

Here is a link to a great how to with good diagrams. Go to kilby enterprises web site and look under "info center" tab.

http://www.onboardair.com/web-instru...oba_manual.pdf
    sigpic68' 351W ,Nothing stock except transfer case:

Comment

I will take a look tonight, thanks!
      Leave No One Behind
      KK6AUW

Comment

Get ideas from Kirby but buy everything from McMaster. Everything is way cheaper. I also think a tank is better trying to use your bumper unless it was built for that reason
        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 10-14-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

I have an air tank if you have room for it. I would also recommend running a small wet tank with a drain cock between the compressor and the main air tank. That allows you to drain condensation so you don't fill up your tank with water over time. As far as a pressure switch to turn your compressor clutch on/off I used a Viair switch from 4 Wheel Parts that was way cheaper than the one Kilby sells. They have them in different pressure ratings but I wouldn't go over 150 psi. If you need any help planning out your system or setting it up, let me know.
          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

I built a bracket over the top of the alt. stock v belt. mine plumbed into the right rocker then to the left side. then to manifold with arb valves, pressure switch and pop off valve. I still have templates for bracket.
            75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Gremlin would it possible to get a copy of your bracket template sent my way. And how are you running the belt to power it. Thanks for any assistance

Comment

sure ill dig out. the belt runs off the front grove on the alt. has idler to adj. belt.
                75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Originally posted by Moldman View Post
                  Gremlin would it possible to get a copy of your bracket template sent my way. And how are you running the belt to power it. Thanks for any assistance
                  I could use the template. THANKS
                  Leave No One Behind
                  KK6AUW

Comment

Gremlin I'd like to see pics. I've got everything sitting on the floor of the garage and couldn't noodle through the belt routing. Where is your idler? I'm running 351 but that really shouldn't matter. Multiple pics please.

I agree Kilby is way too expensive but you can't beat their how to diagrams.

Comment

I had a York on a Heep. It worked great. There was a switch on the dash that sent power to an ARB pressure switch that was plumbed into the air outlet from the York. It was super simple.

Start engine. Turn on AC switch. When pressure reached 100psi the ARB pressure switch cut power to the AC clutch.

I just clamped a quick chuck air fitting on the end of the outlet hose past the pressure switch. Beyond there... Plumb in a tank, manifold, gauge or whatever you want. I plan to do the same again if I can figure out how to mount York on my 5.0.
                      69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

I had mine mounted above the power steering pump but couldn't get enough belt contact to P/S pump and couldn't figure out an idler setup.

Comment

Originally posted by FLYINHIE View Post
                          I had mine mounted above the power steering pump but couldn't get enough belt contact to P/S pump and couldn't figure out an idler setup.
                          The Econoline van P/S bracket works well for that. I just used a flat plate and mounted my York at an angle where the Ford A/C Compressor used to be. I have plenty of serpentine belt contact and nothing squeals and it all lines up great!
                          SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                            I have plenty of serpentine belt contact and nothing squeals and it all lines up great!
                            So what did you find a Serp. on ??
                            Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                            After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                              So what did you find a Serp. on ??
                              I have a mustang front serp setup i'll give you for a case of corona...
                              KK6DAD
                              70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                              X