Dana 20 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 20 question

I'm going to be using my stock Dana 20 I separated from my 3 speed. When I pulled them apart I started thinking about the need for marry it to my 4R70W. I know I need the Advance Adaptor kit and I'm picking that up while I'm in Oregon. When I look at the photos of the kit, it confuses me that there is no gear set that was still attached to the output on 3 speed. There is a void in the transfer case. The photos of the A.A. kit doesn't show any gear set with the kit. Is there something else I need? Is there a Dana 20 input set made especially for an auto? Or did I seperate the two wrong? Thanks in advance for the help... Brad
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Dana 20 question

There is a spud shaft that runs between the trans and xfer case inside the adapter. No gears or what not, now as for output splines on a 4r70 vs 3spd I don't know but if a new one was needed than AA would include it in there kit.
    72' in pieces and piles of awesomeness

Comment

When you split the D20 from your 3-speed you need to pull the snap ring and D20 input gear off the 3 speed tailshaft. This gear will go on the new spud shaft that comes with the kit before bolting up the D20.
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
        When you split the D20 from your 3-speed you need to pull the snap ring and D20 input gear off the 3 speed tailshaft. This gear will go on the new spud shaft that comes with the kit before bolting up the D20.
        Thank you, I'm sure that's what I didn't do!

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
          I was working on the build today and looked at the output shaft and couldn't see the snap ring. Where would that thing be? Like an idiot, I didn't take a photo...

Comment

Working...
          X