hydrolic clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hydrolic clutch

I put a hydro clutch kit from BC in my bronco and it real stiff.Id like to put one in the wifes luber but mine gets old fast.Does anyone know of a better way to go about this.I read somewhere if you use a master cylinder with a smaller piston it makes it softer but I really dont know.This is going to be her dd so softer the better.
    Thanks Ben
    sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Re: hydrolic clutch

Why a hydro?? whats wrong with linkage?? I also depends on the pressure plate thats in it. Whats in yours??
    72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
    BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
    RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
      Why a hydro?? whats wrong with linkage?? I also depends on the pressure plate thats in it. Whats in yours??
      I do belive he has a ZF witch need a Hydro cluch
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

I have the stock '92 Ford/ZF hydraulic clutch setup in my bronco and it works great... Not too hard or soft. Not sure why your setup is like that...
        SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Good question. I don't know but I've read the same thing on classic from other people with the same result. I kinda thought a newer hydro set up would be softer than a 42 year old pivot linkage. Maybe bc sold me a super heavy duty clutch I don't know.

Comment

Ben, is your clutch a diaphragm or 3 finger style? My experience is that most of the 3 finger setups are stiffer. I have a diaphragm in mine and its noticeably softer than the factory 3-finger unit it replaced. Not a totally apples to apples comparison though since I still run a stock linkage setup.
            1970 Bronco
            My build thread

Comment

its the diaphragm type

Comment

Ok,so let get this straight, yours is really stiff and your afraid its to stiff to put in your wifes.

all this three finger diaphram talk doesnt really seem appropriate on an automotive board.

Sorry, I had to. I am, wanting to go hydro in mine and interested what you find out.
                Last edited by CarlHungus; 10-22-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

There is a huge difference in the zf hyd (hyd to brng) and a addon slave cyl type hyd clutch pushing on a lever. ricks zf clutch I could not live with after his conversion. It's really stiff!!
                  72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by TBS-POPS View Post
                    There is a huge difference in the zf hyd (hyd to brng) and a addon slave cyl type hyd clutch pushing on a lever. ricks zf clutch I could not live with after his conversion. It's really stiff!!
                    Im not sure I understand.Converting Sarahs luber to hyd would be different than my zf?I assumed Id change the master and slave the same way but if theres a better way spill it.

Comment

I think what he is saying is that a ram-type slave cylinder causes a harder pedal feel than a hydraulic throw-out bearing.
                      SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
                        I think what he is saying is that a ram-type slave cylinder causes a harder pedal feel than a hydraulic throw-out bearing.
                        the other way around. ricks to style is hard as hell. slave types have usually been softer.

Comment

I am running a Wilwood 3/4 inch hydraulic master cylinder with a Wilwood slave cylinder using the stock Bronco clutch fork. I also have a Centerforce Dual friction clutch and pressure plate. I don't think my pedal pressure is too stiff. My sister has driven my Bronco on the Rubicon for 3 days (all day) without any trouble.

Comment

Whats the pedal ratio?
                            75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

Working...
                            X