Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Clips

Hey Everyone,

Started working on taking the bronco apart to remove it from the frame. So far 90% of my fender clips are rusted out and crumble when I put any torque on them. I am wondering for my reinstall if you all go back to fender clips or if anyone has just replaced all their clips with 1/2 locking nuts?

Thanks for the input.
    sigpicZ

1970 project. 302 nv4500, 3 1/2 inch lift, 2 BL, D44

Re: Fender Clips

I bought a fender and grill hardware kit from Wild Horses. All original hardware but brand new... Makes it easy to reassemble!
    SOLD: 1975 Ford Bronco: 105" wheelbase, King 14" c/o shocks, King 2" air bumps w/ Duff arms, 4 link rear w/ coils. Fuel injected 408W, ZF 5 speed/Atlas II(4.3) and Dana 60/70 axles with 5.13 gears and ARB's, 41.5/13.5R17 Pitbull Rockers on 17" Raceline Monsters.

Comment

Yea,

I saw that. These bolts make me want to shoot myself. Every clip is paper thin and snap even after being soaked in WD 40. From the saws all to the drimal tool, I guess this is the sucky part of the build.

Z
      sigpicZ

Comment

Originally posted by Efibroncoman View Post
        I bought a fender and grill hardware kit from Wild Horses. All original hardware but brand new... Makes it easy to reassemble!

Same here-Nice stuff.
        jack
        73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

Call Luis Flores from Flores tool and fastener 530-588-2493 He is supplying me with all the nuts and bolts to do my Bronco at a fraction of the cost. He can also get you alot of body shop supplies like undercoat, spray in liners etc.. Hes good to deal with also. He can get all the exact same clips and bolts that WH sells and all the rest.
          Last edited by ragtopped; 10-23-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Use anti-sieze when you re-assemble
            2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
            1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
            2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Thanks for the info. I got the fenders, doors, and grill off today. I will needing to replace all the nuts and bolts. I'll give Luis a call!
              Z
              sigpicZ

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                Use anti-sieze when you re-assemble
                Yea, what he said.
                Jack
                73 Bronco 302 C4 3 1/2 2" 5.14 9"/d44 d20 37"

Comment

I've found that before I try to remove anything from my rig, soaking it in a good penetrating oil like PB Blaster for a couple of days pays off immensely.
                  WD40 is a solvent and water dissipater. Not all that good as a penetrating oil.

Comment

Working...
                  X