Need a recomendation EFI injector testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a recomendation EFI injector testing

I am looking for a shop in the Bay area that cleans and will check the flow of Ford EFI 24lbs injectors.
    Hopefully, the labor cost does not exceed the cost of a new set, and when you call and ask you do not hear a sucking air sound on the other end of the phone...
    Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-17-2012, 05:17 PM.
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Re: Need a recomendation EFI injector testing

Hey Doug,

FWIW I followed the FFI site directions, ordered my parts off of ebay and did it myself. The seem to work just fine on my rig when it's running......

Parts and injector cleaner was less than $50......
    '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

I cleaned and rebuilt mine too. IIRC I got the parts at Napa. They work great!
      Last edited by crawlin68; 01-17-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I rebuilt mine, new seals,o rings,screen.. Got my stuff from RJM. 20.00 I think I also have extra connections that I hook to a 9v battery to test them.
        KK6DAD
        70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Thanks Guys. For this motor I want them professionally done...

So after looking all over the Bay area, I decided to just buy a new set from FMS. My current set is the old fat body type, like the orange 19lbs injectors everyone finds on Mustang motors. That style has been obsoleted and replaced with a new number. This new injector is the slim body type, while still maintaining the old Jetronic type plug. This injector has also been obsoleted by FMS... But I found them at Brothers Performance, they are coming from Florida.

Apparently, the "new" newest style injector replacement is also a slim body, with the USCAR type connector. Basically, to use them I would have to buy 8 adapters at around $50 for a set + the injectors. (what an education I have had on injectors...)

My old set will be sent off to be tested and cleaned and will become spares...

Nothing is simple anymore...
          Last edited by 904Bronco; 01-21-2012, 08:16 PM.
          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Working...
          X