electric wiper switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electric wiper switch

I have centec wiring that is labeled but switch is not just 1-5,b??,w.=wash now , power,park,high,low,ground in what order is it, purple is wash but im not sure of others or B. anyone have this problem,also do you run a ground from the prong on push-in lighter on back of unit

Re: electric wiper switch

Originally posted by 66 twins View Post
    I have centec wiring that is labeled but switch is not just 1-5,b??,w.=wash now , power,park,high,low,ground in what order is it, purple is wash but im not sure of others or B. anyone have this problem,also do you run a ground from the prong on push-in lighter on back of unit
    Yes Ground to Cig lighter...

Got pictures of the switch? Never used the wiper switch that came in the centech kit... I always reused the plug from the factory harness and factory switch...
    2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
    1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
    2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

I have the switch, looks very similar to stock Doug. If he doesn't have a photo, I'll snap one tomorrow.
      1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

this is the wiper switch
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 66 twins View Post
          this is the wiper switch
          Well being it comes wired in the harness from the factory and they do not supply a wiring diagram... and you have mounted it already.. I would probably get a continuity tester and figure out what goes where that way. The one tab marked "B" could be the battery. Unless someone has the harness still attached that could take a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
            Well being it comes wired in the harness from the factory and they do not supply a wiring diagram... and you have mounted it already.. I would probably get a continuity tester and figure out what goes where that way. The one tab marked "B" could be the battery. Unless someone has the harness still attached that could take a picture?
            I think mine is still attached. I'll snap a photo and post it up a little later

Comment

If you want a real challenge, try to figure out how the wiper park circuit works, then try to explain it to someone else.
              Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Here is the way mine wired to me, new in box. This is looking at the back of the switch.The flat represents the flat spot where the bezel mounts to the front. (Hope that makes sense)
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                  Here is the way mine wired to me, new in box. This is looking at the back of the switch.The flat represents the flat spot where the bezel mounts to the front. (Hope that makes sense)
                  Brad that is the Factory switch that you have, they have the GM one that came with the older kit... Still... good documentation with these pictures for those that upgrade to the factory switch! All those years writing PD reports and drawing diagrams came in handy...
                  Last edited by 904Bronco; 02-11-2012, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by garberz View Post
                    If you want a real challenge, try to figure out how the wiper park circuit works, then try to explain it to someone else.
                    Start with the diagram... But I know what you mean
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                      Brad that is the Factory switch that you have, they have the GM one that came with the older kit... Still... good documentation with these pictures for those that upgrade to the factory switch! All those years writing PD reports and drawing diagrams came in handy...
                      This is the switch they sent me. I noticed it did look different then the one showed in the photo.

Comment

Bought in 01,so long ago. Yes I guess I have gm,mine is push 4 wash,so Ive left it alone and will call tech/research what i can for now,also electricity and me arent the best of freinds so can you test a switch and wires with somekindof tester 4 where they would be??? ,keep in mind build stage no wires are finished or batt. installed

Comment

When I did the Centech I re-used my factory switch because the Centech one looked kinda cheese ball. I simply connected the marked centech wires to the labeled spades on the switch.
                          Brad
                          Chico, Ca.

Comment

66 twins - That switch looks identical to the switch used in the Wild Horses dual wiper setup. You can probably look on there site for their wiring diagram.

Comment

thank you,after looking again did find daigram at wh, have extra post due to left/ride moters.SWEET ELECTRICAL IS DONE MAN????

Comment

Working...
                              X