Centech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centech

I have the Ford Racing harness. What have you used to cut the hole in firewall for the large plug to the ECU connector on the harness?
    Last edited by 14Justice; 02-10-2012, 08:29 AM.
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Centech

I used a hole saw bit. Don't remember what size, just about the same size as the grommet.

Comment

Did you double drill it? This thing is about 2" X maybe 3 1/2"?

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
        Did you double drill it? This thing is about 2" X maybe 3 1/2"?
        I used the RJM harness for efi and yes just double drilled for the hole. I thought you were talking about a Centech body harness, I believe my Centech body harness only needed two 1" holes into the engine compartment.

Comment

Shoot, my mistake.... It is the Ford Racing Harness.

Comment

If it's the original grommet like Ford used to supply on the Mustang harness, then the hole cutout described in the Ford Racing install manual will get you what you need.

http://www.vintagebronco.com/newberr...efi/page13.JPG
            1970, Exploder 5.0 with P heads, EEC-IV EDIS, lots of wiring.

Originally posted by CityHick
            I suddenly feel rich and feel the need to dump more cash into my Bronco.

Comment

Thank you Lars and NorcalKD

Comment

Both of my Broncos are running Centech and you use the stock firewall holes - no drilling needed. For the EFI, I am using two 87-93 mustang harnesses which I am modifying so I can stash the ECM up under the drivers dash. More room to get at them there but takes a little effort to move connectors and rewrap.
                For the stock Mustang harness - which should be 99% just like Ford Racing, I just cut those holes in both broncos. I cut two Dia 1.5 inch holes with a center to center spacing of 1.475 and they fit the mustang harnees like a glove.
                For what its worth, after I read the Ford racing instructions for thier harness, it looks like they took a factory mustang harness and made minimal changes. I am adapting it to my Centech harnesses so if you need some tips, I got it. Maybe about five wires to Centech - thats it.
                Attached Files
                Relativity: Where ever you go, there you are.

Comment

Thanks for the photo. That is just opposite of where I drilled mine today. Mine will be mounted up under center of dash just above where heater cable exits through firewall. The cable enters under dash just above heater box. Was going to finish wiring it up tomorrow but I heard the Delta calling my name today. There is a TOAD with my name on it just waiting to be boated...

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
                    ... I heard the Delta calling my name today. There is a TOAD with my name on it just waiting to be boated...
                    Hey Brad, I live in Antioch - damn close to the Delta - if you want to stop by this weekend I am here. PM me.
                    Manuel

Comment

Sounds good, I will be launching out of River's End just out of Tracy. Will be staying South. I will be fishing a lot further North through the spring and summer. Will stop by then. Thanks...

Comment

Ya we used to run down to that end after launching in Antioch - about a 45 min run at 25-30 knots. Lost Isle was happening back then! I think its still closed forever...never did any fishing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceburger View Post
                          Ya we used to run down to that end after launching in Antioch - about a 45 min run at 25-30 knots. Lost Isle was happening back then! I think its still closed forever...never did any fishing.
                          Oh I bet you fished alot at the Lost Isle... I did a few times myself, never caught anything, wrong bait I guess
                          2002 F250 Superduty, 7.3 241,500 miles and counting
                          1979 Bronco, 351M,NP435,4:11's on 33's
                          2016 Race Red Shelby GT350

Comment

Originally posted by 904Bronco View Post
                            Oh I bet you fished alot at the Lost Isle... I did a few times myself, never caught anything, wrong bait I guess
                            ya I landed one once - thank God I didnt catch anything either!!!!

Comment

Oh Man!! Lost Isle bacon cheese burgers were the best!! Couldn't get close to that place on topless vollyball weekends!!!!
                              72 sport/exp.,TBI 302,NP435,4.56 Powrlok/ARB in Full Width's.5.5" CAGE lift w/arms,2'' bl,37's, rescued from the concrete jungle (L.A.) NEVER DONE!!! Sold to buy a Boat, Now Broncoless.....Now it's fast water,smooth women and cold beer!! toad jeep owner now,,,,,, sorry

ALL MY DRINKING BUDDIES HAVE A SEVERE BRONCO PROBLEM !!!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71
                              BULLSHIT! I love your meat in my mouth
                              RIP MARK BECK RIP MY FRIEND! RIP GIZMO,My little Buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X