Seam sealer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seam sealer...

Lowes equivelant to autozone seam sealer? Anyone. My autozone is out.
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Re: Seam sealer...

Okay...So I had my tub blasted and there are spots that I want to put seam sealer back on where it was blasted off...plus I replaced a few panels and it needs to be added.

Anyone know if I have to use "Seam Sealer" or can I use any exterior metal to metal sealant that is found in the window and door section in Lowes/Home Depot? Is seam sealer at Auto zone etc something special or have qualities that are needed for a car?

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?
    Don't worry about it...its mostly glass...will be fine...

I went to the woods to live deliberately...

Carpe' Dium

Comment

I wish I could help you. My body guy did mine. I didn't want you to think you were being ignored.
      1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Comment

I'd probably shy away from sealers sold at Lowes/Depot unless they're specifically made for auto body work. If you are not in an absolute rush, find an auto body supply place (or even a body shop) and get what they recommend. The product I used was from 3M and came in a caulking tube. It wasn't terribly expensive. I'd hate to see new primer/paint bubble when applied over the wrong kind of product.
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

If you have a paint mart nearby they might have something also

Comment

Lowes does have one that is almost the same thing.. but I'm drawing a blank on the name.
            75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

my local napa dealer had 2 tubes in stock and got me 2 more in three hours.
              6 jeeps 2a-cj5. bronco now. 70,efi 302,c4,ps,pb, 4.56's detroit's 2bl,4.5 rollin on 37's

Comment

Im with CityHick on this one.I went to the local auto body paint supplier and got the 3M seam sealer that you know is paintable/primable. It was around $10 a tube and you know it is the right stuff.
                72 Bronco, 89 5.0 EFI, NP435, Mustang Hydro, PSC Steering with Ram Assist, Dana 20 with Twin Sticks, Rear 9 inch with Detroit, Front Dana 44-Yukon Gold Joints with Detroit, 5.13 gears, 5.5" Coils up front, 4 Link rear with 2" body lift, 37" Toyos...Money Pit!

Comment

Working...
                X