Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator

Need help, my radiator has seen better days tanks are cracking. What rad is the best to install on a shoe string budget. I hear about exploder rads and taurus rads and electric fans can anybody tell me more. also my stock p/s pump took a crap.

Re: Radiator

I run the 4.0L radiator out of the 1st Gen explorers ('91-'94). It's a dual 1" core aluminum rad and does real well with the 5.0 reverse rotation waterpump as the inlet/outlets are reversed from the stock EB rad. Nice fit and runs about $40 from any pick and pull. If this will work for your setup and you decide to go this route just make sure it's the DUAL core one. They did come with single core rads too. The one you want is very similar in dimension to the stock EB rad (about 3" thick), the single core is super thin & easy to avoid.
    Last edited by Fungus232; 02-13-2012, 02:36 PM.
    sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

I have a stock one sitting on my garage floor I just pulled. Twelver and it's yours.
      1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

Growler that would work for me just name your brand. I live in Hughson so that would work out great for me also.
        Please call me 209-988-6266 Cliff

Comment

But are there any direct swaps that will work in an EB? I will be needing a new one in the future and wanted to go alum. a cheaper route would be nice.
          1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Champion rad makes a good and cheep one had mine over a year works great
            68 with edelbrock efi on a 302...4.5 WH lift with 2 inch body 33 inch km2

Comment

Originally posted by nabes68 View Post
              Champion rad makes a good and cheep one had mine over a year works great
              Did you ground the aluminum radiator? Seems like all the advice I have gotten suggest cutting the rubber insulators so the rad makes contact with the mount. Not too thrilled about that. Just curious how you went about this?
              1968 Bronco Sport 289

Comment

I used a electrical eyelet connector and ran the bolt for the fan shroud through it and then to the frame it works but I would like to make it better oneday if i get around to it
                68 with edelbrock efi on a 302...4.5 WH lift with 2 inch body 33 inch km2

Comment

Working...
                X