Flywheel info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel info

I'm thinking of stabbing my motor this weekend. Prior to doing that, I want to make sure I have the correct flywheel for my application. I'm running the 5.8 with the 4R70W. It has the original flywheel on it from when it was in the 95 Bronco. Does anyone know which flywheel will be the correct one? I have a spare and just want to be sure??? Probably easier when it's out and more accessible.

Thanks, Brad
    1969 Sport, 351 roller EFI, 4R70W, TEAM BLUE.

Re: Flywheel info

My 95' Bronco had an E4OD behind the 351w, assuming that's what trans, was with your motor, the flexplate has a different offset, (fits C6 also) it doesn't work with the 4R70W. The Stock Bronco C4 flexplate works with the 4R70W trans. Same for AOD. Make sure it has the 11.4" bolt pattern, not the smaller 10.5". If you want to buy a new one. here's the link.
    Mark

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/me...y_Code=FLYford
    Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

For $25.00 I would buy a new one
      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

The spare that came with the trans is new. I will check the # to see if it matches the one listed. Thanks for the info...

Comment

The one that came with the trans is most likely a 50oz. flexplate. You need a 28oz. for the 351w. What did the trans come from?
          Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Originally posted by garberz View Post
            The one that came with the trans is most likely a 50oz. flexplate. You need a 28oz. for the 351w. What did the trans come from?
            New from Ford for a 98 Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by 14Justice View Post
              New from Ford for a 98 Explorer
              OK, you need the one posted in the link. It's a 28oz, for the 351w.
              Explorer 5.0 OBDII

Comment

Originally posted by garberz View Post
                OK, you need the one posted in the link. It's a 28oz, for the 351w.
                Thanks a lot...

Comment

Working...
                X