Clear All

Re: head lights

Originally posted by kevoson View Post
    what do those run??$$??
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Unless I'm reading some of the replys incorrectly ??? your getting very bad advise..the Hella Vision lights are excellent replacements ...here is the same light but with the addition of a city bulb..check the beam pattern.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=487
      Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy4zack View Post
        what do those run??$$??
        Have no clue. seen them on the BAB site and thought they seemed cool. different look but not sure on the specs of them.
        75 sport 302 c4 full width 44 front 9 rear let the building begin

Comment

Originally posted by CT Performance Inc. View Post
          Unless I'm reading some of the replys incorrectly ??? your getting very bad advise..the Hella Vision lights are excellent replacements ...here is the same light but with the addition of a city bulb..check the beam pattern.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=487
          Those are the lamps i was looking for( talking about earlier ).. You can put any H4 bulb in there.. I put a set of those lamps with a halo H4 HID kit in a 72c10. HUGE difference in light output. And there still adjustable with you standard headlight adjusters. Makes it nice you can avoid all the other cheap lamps housings.

Comment

I tried the Hellas in my '66. They had a nice pattern, but they didn't have enough spread between the high and low beams. Aimed the lows but the highs weren't much higher. Aimed the highs where they worked but the lows were too high. Guy at the parts house told me this is because they were made for "cars" and to be mounted low to the ground, where a small change between low and high beam makes a bigger difference. He suggested motorcycle lamps, which are made to be mounted higher up, so I bought a pair of Stanley ones, also H4 bulbs, and they work great! Part number is 001-1970. #9003 bulbs also work in H4 headlights, and come in more wattages and colors than the H4 ones if you want to play with that. I'm just running the stock 55/60 watts in mine. JL
            Last edited by polecat; 03-15-2012, 05:47 PM. Reason: oops #9003 not 9002!
            '66 roadster, 200 six, GM HEI, 3.03/Jeep T150 shifter, 4.11 gears, 3" lift, 33X12.5

"I can explain it to you a hundred times, but I can't understand it for you!"

Comment

Heres what I got back for the hid kit from the BAB site..

HIDprojectors Hi Kevin - Basic kits start at $350 and go up from there depending on options and upgrades. I have a post on classicbroncos.com that has some output shots and a user video. Check it out here: http://classicbroncos.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=199971

Comment

Looks nice...cutoff is correct...like to see a vid at night showing differences Hi-low and down the road..

I was looking at these..but would need to make room..http://www.streetrodhq.com/detail/17...TWIN_PACK.html
                Dealer for: Dynatrac,,Atlas, Advance Adapters, Bilstein, Sway-A-Way's, Hella, Deaver Springs, Ford Diesel suspension and Performance. Jeep suspension's

ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com

Comment

Dang, $800 a pair? I will just drive slower at night.
                  1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
                    Dang, $800 a pair? I will just drive slower at night.
                    That's why we build them to crawl
                    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                    After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Working...
                    X