Bald Mtn test run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bald Mtn test run

My friend Greg finally got his bronco all put back together after tearing it apart several years ago. So we took it up to Bald Mountain for the afternoon on Sunday to give it a shake down run. A few months ago he was ready to sell it unfinished, but finally decided to have a shop finish the wiring and welding needed to get it on the road/trail. He took it to a place in Visalia called Hardcore Off-road (I think?) They did a nice job, basically it just needed the shock mounts installed, a new wiring harness, and they built a nice cage with seat mounts.
    It took him most of the way up the trail to realize that the back transfer case shifter hole was to small and that it was only running in 2 low. Other than that every thing worked flawlessly. I think he is pretty happy with it and has decided to keep and enjoy it. He now has a CJ5 for sale. His bronco is set up pretty nice it has a 302 w/ quadrajet, NP 435, Cold duck dual d20, spooled 9" rear, narrowed HPD44 front w/ Detroit, wristed radius arm, 5.5 SL, 2" BL, and 37" MTR's.
    A couple other friends came up in Toyota's, one pretty well setup and the other was a two week old stock Tacoma that now needs new bumpers front and back a crossmember and some new skid plates, LOL!
    We took our time and played around on all the obstacles I spent several minutes taking many different lines on Posi hill mainly because this is the one that killed my tranny Memorial weekend. Its kind of like the saying if you get bucked off you get get right back on!
    Here a few of the pictures from my camera:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by highlander; 10-30-2007, 07:07 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Looks like a good trip. That's funny about the stock Taco. Hopefully he didn't cry too much. LOL! So how did the 4-link do on Posi Hill? Any more hoping? Or were you able to adjust it out?

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
      Looks like a good trip. That's funny about the stock Taco. Hopefully he didn't cry too much. LOL! So how did the 4-link do on Posi Hill? Any more hoping? Or were you able to adjust it out?
      All the hopping is gone, I am at about 76% AS.
      He has plans to lift the Taco and buy or build some tube bumpers any way so I don't think he's to worried.

Was your brother up here on Saturday with some 4-runners, I thought I saw him pass by the house?
      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Nice pose in the last pic. Looking ahead for the classic calender?
        Marc D.
        If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Working...
        X