Mix Canyon 9-14-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix Canyon 9-14-08

Well, we had a good day. Unfortunately Frank didn't get the efi swap completed in time. He did come out and watched the festivities. Randy and I had a good time. Randy made it 50 yards onto the first trail when he spit his rear D-shaft. Put a new ujoint in and he was good to go. I did some of the tighter trails, and I hope Frank got some pics. Scraped up the new paint a little, but that red is thick. Cant even see the desert tan underneath.
    Attached Files
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Cool. Did you make it up that steep trail on the right with the ledge right above the barbacue? I forget the name. That's where I rotated my rear axle the first time.
    67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
    69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
    69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
    79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
    67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Nope, I did try it, but I got up to the corner where the steps are, and my wheelbase was killing me. He said no one has made it this year. I want to try it again.
      Marc D.

Comment

He sometimes gets some high hp rigs up there and they just tear up that hill. Big loose holes.
        67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
        69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
        69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
        79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
        67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

I think if I climbed the wall on the right I would have a better chance. I just need to grow some balls.
          Marc D.

Comment

i find that hard to believe. i also can't believe you didn't break something. are you tunring a new leaf??
            1968, 69 351W,NP 435, Stak 5.22, D44 with 4.10's, chebby discs and a detroit, 9" with 4.11's and a lockright. 35" MTR's, TRO, WH cage, ps, pb, 3.5" susp, 2" body lifts, pile of parts in the garage, empty wallet!

Comment

Originally posted by kwspony View Post
              i find that hard to believe. i also can't believe you didn't break something. are you tunring a new leaf??
              I must be turning a new leaf. I made it through Moab with only a limit strap breaking, I made it through SOB with only wearing out old bushings, and I had a day at Bob's and only came back with body damage. I should probably be careful, the bronco is probably going to self combust.
              Marc D.

Comment

Thanks for the post of the pictures. I have the correct info for the wiring and will grease the chassis. Then try to do a little more on the trails. Talk about no balls! I did not have it in me to do much. You made it look so eazy I have to try a little harder. Do you think I should replace the yoak?
                Last edited by RandyatBBY; 09-17-2008, 07:50 AM.
                1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

I think you should keep your eye out for a new (or good used) rear driveshaft, and I think I have a good yoke for the pinion if it has been compramised. I'm wondering why it burned through those caps like it did. The Yelton mud shouldn't have caused it that quickly.
                  I think you could do harder trails up there, but there was diffentely good opportunity for body damage.
                  Attached Files
                  Marc D.

Comment

Oh NO, Marc skratched his funcy paint!

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomEB View Post
                      Oh NO, Marc skratched his funcy paint!
                      Yup, but I think it will buff out after I take the two pound sledge to the rear quarter to knock it back out.
                      Marc D.

Comment

Randy's U-joint went out because it was never greased after installation, we found out that the joints only come with minimal grease when they are new and have to be pumped full after you first put them in, OOPS! I have the Jeep running now, runs really well, took it up to mix the next week and sprayed P. steering fluid all over the engine and fender, had a big cloud of smoke! Bob had just enough fluid in about 5 different rigs to get me filled up after I cut off the end of the return line hose going back into the pump, It's working now, we went on the Rubicon last weekend. Now I Owe Bob a 12 pack when I go up again. Frank
                        Attached Files
                        Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Working...
                        X