• Show
Clear All

Re: Snow run...24th

snow????
    KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Just got back from snow boarding. Not so good. Late spring snow conditions at best. It was in the mid 50's at Donner today.
      1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

I want to hit the slopes bad but seeing as how I don't go often, I'd rather hold out for better conditions. I just hope we get better conditions sometime soon!

Been absolutely beautiful weather though lately for January!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Yea it was a hell of a day
          Attached Files
          1970 w/89 5.0, np 435/203/205, 456/locker/ARB, 4 wheel disc brakes w/hydroboost, 5.5" lift w/ext.radius arms, 3" bod lift, RS 9000's, tilt column, Hydro assist steering, 39.5" pitbull's on H1's. 4 link rear suspension. Hey brother, can you spare some change, I need parts....

Comment

You suck Tony!!!!!

72 Sport

Comment

Thank You, Thank You....

Did I say that the place was almost empty. Didn't have to wait for the chair once..

Last edited by blwngsket; 01-13-2009, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blwngsket View Post
                Did I say that the place was almost empty. Didn't have to wait for the chair once..

That's what it was always like in Idaho when I was growing up, well all except for the spring like conditions in January. Those didn't happen until April, or May.
                Marc D.
                If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
                  That's what it was always like in Idaho when I was growing up, well all except for the spring like conditions in January. Those didn't happen until April, or May.
                  I always wanted to make it over to Sun Valley for some "real" Idaho skiing but now that my folks live in CA again, its not exactly convenient.

I did manage to ski at Bogus Basin, Brundage up by McCall, and Anthony Lakes over in Eastern Oregon. I must say that the cheap lift tickets and never waiting in a lift line was nice, but the actual skiing (terrain and conditions) didn't hold a candle to Squaw, Alpine, or Heavenly. Maybe I just hit each of those places on bad days... However no lines makes up for some of the negatives.

I've never seen spring conditions in January. I am a little worried about drought conditions this summer putting a damper on camping and wheeling (like the Fordyce closure of a couple years ago).
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Going up on Sun to a little known road outside of Foresthill. We were cutting new tracks 10 days ago. I'll post how the snow conditions are. I was hiking in a tee shirt yesterday on top of Castle Peak, and that's over 8000 ft.

Comment

My wife was snowshoeing up by forest hill today and was in a tee shirt. She said the snow was a crust on top with crystals below. Might be challenging.
                      Marc D.
                      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I went to the snow twice over christmas and new years and the snow had no water content at all. we couldnt get it to pack with the quads.
                        73 bronco 351,nv4500,stk3spd,4.88,hp60f&r,detroit,arb,o/b air,welder,etc.
                        77,351 mass air efi ,nv4500 atlas 3.8 4.88,detroit31 spline,arb44 o/b air5.5 lift etc.
                        70 4.5 lift 351 c-4 d20 big bearing in progress.

Comment

Went to Echo peak today ( road starts at around 7300 ft); well didn't actually make it to the top. Snow was so hard on top that we'd only leave 2" to 3" tracks, but if you bust through the top 6", you sink almost instantly. Almost zero traction in the lower layer. Used the winch more today than in the last five trips combined. Guess I should have taken the Bronc. O wait, that's still in pieces in the barn.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Mike View Post
                            Went to Echo peak today ( road starts at around 7300 ft); well didn't actually make it to the top. Snow was so hard on top that we'd only leave 2" to 3" tracks, but if you bust through the top 6", you sink almost instantly. Almost zero traction in the lower layer. Used the winch more today than in the last five trips combined. Guess I should have taken the Bronc. O wait, that's still in pieces in the barn.
                            Is that the same jeep you ran the con with????? Iroks ,,lift?? How many jeeps do you own?

Aaron
                            KK6DAD
                            70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Was too lazy to put the Iroks on before I went. And you just can't tell the lift cause it's leaning way to that side.
                              Last edited by Mad Mike; 01-24-2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Sitting here in Tahoe... No snow.. or very little.... this sucks.. well the snow that is .. Having a great time..

A
                                KK6DAD
                                70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Working...
                                X