Rubicon, Bring a Bronco! friday 5/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon, Bring a Bronco! friday 5/22

Well, I wanted to post before this, but work has been really busy(like 20hrs a day busy) I am the Jeep guy, had fun at moab, I'll post some bronco pics at a later time, Some guys and I are hitting the Rubicon the weekend of Memorial Day Meeting in Vacaville at 4am Friday5/22, E-MAIL me if you want to meet up, we hope to be hitting the trail at loon at 730am. I don't check PMs too much, email is the best if someone wants to get me. Frank
    frankbg68@gmail.com , leave a number if you want to roll in with our group. There are 2 toyotas, my Jeep, and a 454chevy powered buggy going so far.
    Last edited by Franked; 05-20-2009, 11:44 AM.
    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Re: Rubicon, Bring a Bronco! friday 5/22

Come on Frank this post is worthless with out pictures!!!
    1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

Here are some pics of the rubicon run last weekend, again, no Broncos in our group, I posted only 2 1/2 days before departure. sorry.
      Attached Files
      35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

It was quite an adventure, one of our guys built a trailer the night before for towing through, and it didn't make it, between that(about 3-4hours delay, repairing trailer, then taking it back, in pieces, and reloading) and then my driveshaft twisted out of my rear of my rig,(ihour set back, at 4pm) and I got towed back to loon. We were back at loon at 5:15 PM friday, after we drove into loon at 7:10AM that morning. we decided to camp there, and head into the trail saturday morning.
        I found a driveshaft we could shorten friday night. There was this guy that handed out the potty bags and maps, JC was his name, and I followed him to his house friday night, very nice guy, gave me a shaft to try, he even cut it for me at his house. we got it welded together with the end off my old one on sat am, and hit the trail again saturday morning. We didn't run out of problems though, one of the Toyota guys broke his front axle joint(birfield, i think it's called) and that took us our for a couple hours, then farther in my steering box bracket started coming off the frame, that killed another couple hours in 2-3 stops. We finally made it into Buck island at 5pm sat, after leaving loon friday 830AM, 3PM, and then again 9ish on saturday. wow, no more serious problems after that, one of the guys that came in on sunday was overheating on the way out monday, so we took a lot of breaks, but we got out OK. The one that was overheating was the orange thing, it has Rockwell axles with 53 inch tires, no air in the tires. a buick V6, and what is left of a 4runner body.

Comment

that orange 4 runner is a bit much.... I cant wait to get up there in June!
          WT 4x4
          91' One Ton Bronco
          1971 Bronco
          9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
            I am trying to get my rig ready for after Hot August nights, My son and I have a 1965 Impala project going on and I will not be free untill then.
            1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

ok, so I haven't seen it, is there a run planned for june?

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                Running 53's from what I read om P4x4
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

I was up there for Memorial weekend also but didn't see you guys. We went in through wentworth where my brother's cruiser broke a rear pinion and front birfield. I had a rear coil spring pop lose on soup bowl, easy fix. Good weekend.
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                  X