Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody want to join us on a Swamp Lake run Jun 12, 13, 14?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody want to join us on a Swamp Lake run Jun 12, 13, 14?

Plan is to go in Friday after work and come back out Sunday. Family trip. My buddy and I will both have our boys, 4 and 5. Not too sure about his friends. Hope some of you can make it.

Here is a post with some great pics of the trail and surrounding as well as Steve's breakage...ouch!

http://www.norcalbroncos.com/forum/s...ght=swamp+lake
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: Anybody want to join us on a Swamp Lake run Jun 12, 13, 14?

I would love to go, but I will be heading to So Cal for a family gathering. Before you make the drive down, you might make sure it is open, Swamp usually opens late June. With the current snow pack the chance of it being open are pretty good. You can check the Fresno four Wheel Drive forums to see what is open.
    Last edited by highlander; 06-02-2009, 09:02 PM.
    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

That is a good idea to check to make sure that the trail is open. I'm trying to get my Bronco put back together for this run!

Comment

If this was one week later I'd seriously consider making the run down to wheel with you guys.

Badtothebone and I are trying to figure out where to go wheeling the week after July 4th. He and I both have the entire week off and want to spend a good chunk of it camping/wheeling. The Shaver Lake idea has crossed our minds...
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

I wish my rig was ready

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
            I wish my rig was ready
            What else do you have to do? Can you get it ready? It would be a great first run!

Comment

Good call Steve. Looks like Early July. We are tentatively planning Coyote Lake instead. How is that one?
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                Good call Steve. Looks like Early July. We are tentatively planning Coyote Lake instead. How is that one?
                As of now the trail to coyote is only open half way (to Red Lake), but it will most likely be open by your trip. Coyote is a great trail, one of my favorites. A little shorter than the Swamp Route. If Swamp is open for your trip that would be my first choice.
                Last edited by highlander; 06-04-2009, 06:19 AM.
                69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

The Coyote/Red Lake trail is one of my favorite trails too! Great trail, great views, great fishing and camping too.

Comment

What else do you have to do? Can you get it ready? It would be a great first run!
                    Not much. I have to build a rear bumper (I will do that Sat.), install my hood and hood pins, limit straps, install a brake light switch, and make sure everything is tight. On Sunday I am going to take it to Carnagie to test it out. If everything goes good them I will take it out. I will worry about painting it later. So it is very close but need to work out the kinks.

Does anyone have a link to the trail map?
                    Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-05-2009, 11:29 AM.

Comment

I wish my rig was ready
                      Join the club. At least you are close.
                      Vacaville, Ca
                      67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

What time are you going to be at Carnegie? I might head out there myself that day, depending on how far I get on a couple of things...
                        1970 Bronco
                        My build thread

Comment

What time are you going to be at Carnegie?
                          I will be there around 10am.

Comment

Does anyone have a link to the trail map?
                            Here is a link that has all our local trails:
                            http://www.4wdcfresno.net/index.php?...d=40&Itemid=66

Comment

It looks like the trail to Coyote Lake won't be open until June 15th, according to the Forest Service report. The trail is open up to Red Lake. Strawberry and west lake trails are open, but these are pretty mild trails. Often the trails get opened, but take some time to get posted on the Internet, If you stop at the Forest Service office in Prather there is sign outside that lists all the trails and there status, there is another one at Glenn Meadow off Dinkey Creek road. These signs usually have the most current trail information. If you can't get all the way into Coyote and want some more challenging wheeling this weekend you could always head over to Bald Mountain. The Brewer Lake trail is alsonear by, but pretty mild except for the last 100 yards to the lake. Enjoy the weekend!

Comment

Working...
                              X