Swamp Route Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swamp Route Run

I wanted to see if anyone wanted to run Swamp on July 17th or 18th. Probably 18th since that is a Saturday. We are going to meet on the turn off on McKinley Grove Road. I attached the instructions on how to get there from Dinkey Creek Ranger station. We will meet at 9am and go in from there.

I will be going into Swamp Lake and back out on Saturday. I can't stay the night. Others can camp at Swamp Lake and come out the next day if they want.

I am still waiting to hear back from Highlander to see if it is safe to leave my truck and trailer. I believe Patrick and Steve are going. Let me know if anyone else is interested.
    Attached Files

Re: Swamp Route Run

Sounded like a great run. Right up to the last 2 sentences. Have fun and take some pics.
    Vacaville, Ca
    67 EB - D44, BB 9" (4:56's), front discs, Wristed arm, 5.5" + 2" BL, 37" MTR's on Hellcats, 302/NP435/D20, Bilsteins, Mastercraft Rubicons w/4pt's

Comment

This is a great trail! Matt, I think you may want to reconsider trying to do the entire trail in one day though. This is a long hard trail and most people do it in two days. Last year by the time we got to Grouse Lake, it was well after dark. And Grouse Lake is before you get to Swamp Lake. We did have some repairs to do on the trail to a rig that did slow us down a bit, but camping at Grouse is still a good idea. That will give us some time to set up camp and do some fishing in the lake too.

Comment

I usually do it in two days also but my family will be at courtright reservoir and I will have to get back that day or night. Everyone else can stay the night at Grouse Lake and if I break down on the way out I know where to find you. If no one goes we can just cancel the trip and I will just go play around on the Dusy/Ershim trail.
        Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-23-2009, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I am up for the trip, I would like to stay one night but will go with the group. Parking at the trail head would be fine, I left my trailer there last year.
          I think I could do either day the 17 or 18th. If you want to get into Swamp and back we probably should get an early start.
          69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

I was thinking maybe it is too much for one day, I don't want to have to rush. So we can all still go or we can make it for a weekend in Aug. I am free every weekend in Aug. This way I can go in on Fri or Sat and stay the weekend. Let me know what you guys want to do.
            Last edited by Rockbronco67; 06-24-2009, 07:09 AM.

Comment

That sounds good to me. Lets plan it for a weekend in Aug. This will work out good because I am going to run the Dusy Ershim trail July 14, 15 and 16th, so wife was frowning on me being gone for this trip and then running the Swamp trail on the 17th, 18th. (gotta keep the boss happy) If you are going to be up at Courtright on the 18th, we'll be coming out of the Dusy then. Maybe you can go in the opposite direction and meet up with us and wheel back out?

Comment

Are you coming out Courtright side or above Shaver?

Comment

I'll be in Tahoe for a week in Aug., but I'd like to try and make this trip with you guys if the timing works out.
                  -Darin
                  67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                  69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                  69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                  79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                  67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                    Are you coming out Courtright side or above Shaver?
                    I think we are comming out the Courtright end, but I'll check with the group that I'm tagging along with to see which way they are running it. It's thier run, I'm just tagging along.

Originally posted by 69crawler View Post
                    I'll be in Tahoe for a week in Aug., but I'd like to try and make this trip with you guys if the timing works out.
                    -Darin
                    Sounds good to me!

I'm open any weekend in Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                      I think we are comming out the Courtright end, but I'll check with the group that I'm tagging along with to see which way they are running it. It's thier run, I'm just tagging along.

Sounds good to me!

I'm open any weekend in Aug.
                      Is this the trip Cheesenip was trying to put together?
                      69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

-Darin
                        Let us know what will work for you since Patrick and I are open in August. Hopefully we can make it work with Steve's schedule also.

I hope that you are coming out Courtright end. You are coming out on the 16th?

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                          Is this the trip Cheesenip was trying to put together?
                          Yes, with his 4x4 club out of San Jose.

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                          I hope that you are coming out Courtright end. You are coming out on the 16th?
                          Yeah, we're going in on the 14th and will be coming out on the 16th. Will you be up there then?

Comment

Well, looks like I was wrong, they are going in at Courtright. That's probably backwards for you, huh?

Comment

I'll be in Tahoe Aug 15-16. So if you pick any other weekend that should work with me.
                              -Darin
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Working...
                              X