X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King of the Hammers 2/12/2010

Anyone going?
    It is a really good time.
    The Race is on Friday (2/12) and Thurs (2/11) will be the LCQ (Last Chance Qualifier).
    I have 2 friends in the race, Jeff Mello (in the Race) and Aaron "Danger Ranger" will be racing the LCQ.
    We could use all the free support we can round up!
    I was always told there is not a friend out there you can't use somehow... So I come to ask
    In all seriousness racing down there is hard work. We do need help, from people shaking down the rig, holding pit signs to refueling.
    The race is a non chase race, so we have 3-4 different predetermined pit stops we jump from depending on how many people we have.
    I can't promise money or fame. Only a good time and some drinks around the campfire.
    If anything, if you have never been to the hammers it is a great way to get the lay of the land and see what awesome wheeling there is out there.
    Mark Harris
    71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Re: King of the Hammers 2/12/2010

If you go to the race to watch, do you just drive your rig to the areas you want to see? Is it hard to get around?

Comment

Yup!
      You can drive to most of the bigger obstacles somewhat easy (35's and a set of lockers).
      Due to the fact we don't know the race course just yet i can't say for sure, but last year many of places you could get to in a stock 4x4, and the really good ones you needed at least a locker, ie my dodge could not get there :lmao:
      Mark Harris

Comment

how long are the laps
        sigpicWhen I get home im gonna punch yo momma in the mouth

Comment

The last 3 years were only 1 lap, but who knows what they will throw at us this year.
          I think I need to have a party and we can watch last years race
          Mark Harris

Comment

What is the weather like?

Comment

Originally posted by rockbronco67 View Post
              what is the weather like?
              windy
              Originally posted by TBS-POPS
              After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                The last 3 years were only 1 lap, but who knows what they will throw at us this year.
                I think I need to have a party and we can watch last years race
                Set the view/perty I'll come down. You and Danger, damn I want to go, let me look at PTO hrs
                68 Slightly modified
                67 LUBR once again
                61 Willy Wagon

Comment

This sounds like fun... Hmm....
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

I would like to help, but have to see what my brother/boss says.....mabey he would like to go and help too.
                    70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

I plan to go especially since I am moving to Bakersfield next month which is 3 hrs away. I'd love to help where I can. Mark, you bringing the bronco?
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Sounds like fun...I'll keep it on my calendar and see how it pans out.
                        70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                          What is the weather like?
                          Originally posted by Bronco Brian View Post
                          windy
                          VERY! Like sand blasting wind. About 30 degree's at night, and 110 in the day. The hammers sucks for weather.

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                          I plan to go especially since I am moving to Bakersfield next month which is 3 hrs away. I'd love to help where I can. Mark, you bringing the bronco?
                          I may or a I may haul my bronco down. I want to see if I can borrow a trailer first to sleep in.
                          There has also been talk about driving my postal Jeep down there just for the road trip factor.
                          Mark Harris

Comment

damn them i wanted to go this year, but they moved it a few weeks earlier this year and now it falls to close to my wifes birthday! LAME!
                            WT 4x4
                            91' One Ton Bronco
                            1971 Bronco
                            9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
                              damn them i wanted to go this year, but they moved it a few weeks earlier this year and now it falls to close to my wifes birthday! LAME!
                              Sounds like a romantic birthday present to me!!! I've got a REAL excuse for not going... 1200 miles of Pacific Ocean to cross for me by then...

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                              I plan to go especially since I am moving to Bakersfield next month which is 3 hrs away.

SWEET!!!... Bakersfield... Hey Delta, if you feel like a Halloween bash I'll be a wrenchin' fool trying to get my rig back together for Bronco Daze in Borrego Springs Nov 6,7,8... Wife and kiddos headin' to Chico for All Hallows Eve for a week & I might actually be able to get something done! If you wanna drive south 4 hrs I'll put you up, pour booze in you & feed you steaks while you throw candy at kids and laugh at me stuffing the drivetrain back in the Bronco...
                              sigpicRoad trips on an island get boring after the 1st lap...

Comment

Working...
                              X