holllister ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• holllister ?

Hey has anyone been or have any info about hollister ? Some of my buddies are talking about going down the weekend of april 7,8,9. Is it a good spot for the day or weekend?

I will be down there the Sunday before that, I could let you know how that went. If you are to go that weekend before there should be other broncos there also. That is the weekend of the infamous Jerry Ornellos BBQ.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I am planning on being there April 2nd as well.

Comment

Hollister is a cool place to wheel. THe trails range from granny easy to the famous tank trap. Head over to the obstical couse and have a blast....
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Patrick, are you just going over for Sunday, or are you going to be at Jerry's on Sat?
          Marc D.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
            Patrick, are you just going over for Sunday, or are you going to be at Jerry's on Sat?

I'll be at Jerry's on Sat provided I can get my trailer by then. (don't want to wear out my new Iroks)

Comment

I'll be optimistic. I will see you at Jerry's.
              What size IROK's did you go with?
              Marc D.

Comment

i will be going to jerrys if i can drive back from socal in time
                70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
                  I'll be optimistic. I will see you at Jerry's.
                  What size IROK's did you go with?

Got my trailer tonight. Now where is a good place to get the tie down straps that go over each tire? I got a set of 39.5 x 13.50 Irok radials.

Comment

Not sure where you get those kind of tie downs. I just tie to my axles.
                    Marc D.

Comment

Do you use straps or chains?

Comment

Look In Summits Catalog
                        75 302 c4 marlin crawler 20 44&9" 4.56 arb's 35"mtrs

Comment

I use a combo of both. I use a chain on the rear, and straps in the front. If I'm remembering correctly DOT requires chains to be used all the way around, but I may be thinking about commercial regulations since that is what I have to deal with at work. We drive Class A vehicles. My personal opinion is that you should use chain, but as you read earlier I use straps on the front, and that is for ease. There, clear as mud.
                          Marc D.

Comment

Everyone I wheel with uses 3" straps around the four ends of the axles. The have fixed front straps and the rears have ratchets.
                            My brother(his trailer) and I use a pair of chains. I wrap it around the axle tubes and diff and cinch it with trucker ratchets. Either works well, but I know the chains are stronger and legal.
                            70 eb 60f 14b mild 302 435-klune 4-1-np205 and some dents

Comment

Originally posted by bent70
                              Everyone I wheel with uses 3" straps around the four ends of the axles. The have fixed front straps and the rears have ratchets.
                              My brother(his trailer) and I use a pair of chains. I wrap it around the axle tubes and diff and cinch it with trucker ratchets. Either works well, but I know the chains are stronger and legal.
                              I agree here. You need 4 points secured otherwise the rig will slide sideways and loosen the strap.

I have used harbor freight nylon straps for a long time and have never had an issue with them.
                              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                              X