Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Moab Bronco Safari

AWESOME PICTURE!
    Last edited by 71BRONCO71; 05-11-2010, 07:58 PM.
    {o===o}
    Originally posted by TBS-POPS
    EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
    Originally posted by CityHick
    I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Now I see it. It was early in your trip.
      Sounds good on the Canadian. Maybe I will find something local to bring to swap.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Yup now I got to decide what I am doin in '11, Moab again or the Con? So many new ideas I need to incorporate before that time. Definitely the suspension work, fuel system, exhaust and tighter to the body back bumper. Stereo system too! Yeah my list got majorly long day after we got back.

Comment

Great pics. That yellow propane powered stroker, Robert, he's a great guy with a bad ass rig. I wheeled with him several times up in the NW.
          Hopefully I can shoot for '11 too. Would love to experience it. Maybe I'll be rolling in a partially complete 4 door by then. Looks like it would be good to have some wheelbase there in Moab.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
            Great pics. That yellow propane powered stroker, Robert, he's a great guy with a bad ass rig. I wheeled with him several times up in the NW.
            Hopefully I can shoot for '11 too. Would love to experience it. Maybe I'll be rolling in a partially complete 4 door by then. Looks like it would be good to have some wheelbase there in Moab.
            Wheel base is good there, but I did belly up quite a few times and I'm only 99"'s.
            Robert is a good guy, and even though his rig is nice he wheels it pretty hard. When I was talking to him, he said he is going to be putting a duel carb intake for the propane on it so he will be able to rip around the sand like he did when he was dumping race gas through 1000cfm.
            Marc D.

Comment

Yeah going propane will drop the power he said but was a lot cheaper than the race gas he was having to use.

We know how you wheel Mark, you're crazy. So is this new belly flops from this trip?
              Did you see some 4 door JKs out there, I will be really close to 117WB like them, just not quite as good of angles.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                Yeah going propane will drop the power he said but was a lot cheaper than the race gas he was having to use.

We know how you wheel Mark, you're crazy. So is this new belly flops from this trip?
                Did you see some 4 door JKs out there, I will be really close to 117WB like them, just not quite as good of angles.
                There was a 4 door EB in 2009 it was cool as any custom is.
                1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

The wife pulled the camera out of the bronco today, and I actually did take some pics while I was there. Four to be exact. The one of the glowing sandstone was taken from our camp site, and it was way better in person. The other three are from the first big obstacle on Pritchett Canyon. The blue bronco is Eric from Co. Springs, and the black and red one is Kevin from Co. Springs. Kevin is the guy that fell off of the cliff last year when we tried to run Pritchett. We did it on the first day this year, and conquered it.
                  Attached Files
                  Marc D.

Comment

Sweet pictures Marc!!

Comment

I want to go next year!
                      70 rebuilt 302, Edelbrock Performer intake and carb, C4, 20 w/aftermarket gears & HD output, D44 w/Power-lock, disks, 4:88, 9 in Detroit, PS, PB, winch, lights, rock bumpers, full cage, 3 1/2" WH lift, 2" body lift, IROK 37's, 23 gal tank

"70" CJ-5 ('58 frame, '70 tub, '72 running gear, '80 motor) 350 sbc, 5 1/2 in lift, 35's, PS, PB, full cage, lockers, 5.38's re-gear spring over going in soon.

And a bunch of other crap, some of them run.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra Backwoods View Post
                        I want to go next year!
                        Well, lets get started planning. Should be the first week of May next year.
                        Marc D.

Comment

Still to decide Moab again or the Con..... will decide after I fix the Moab attack on my wallet....

Comment

I wanted to run pritchett, you guys hit that one on sunday, while I was still on the way, I thought that was supposed to be the harder one, save it for the last day..... OH well. there is always next year. I noticed Amanda is in about 25% of my pictures/videos of the trails too, I guess that I because we Rode with Kevin and Eric every day. So, Marc. What is the Steering status?
                            Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                            35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Franked View Post
                              I wanted to run pritchett, you guys hit that one on sunday, while I was still on the way, I thought that was supposed to be the harder one, save it for the last day..... OH well. there is always next year. I noticed Amanda is in about 25% of my pictures/videos of the trails too, I guess that I because we Rode with Kevin and Eric every day. So, Marc. What is the Steering status?
                              We wanted to conqour Pritchett this year. That was my fourth attempt, and we finally made it. I like doing the hard trails right from the get go.
                              Maybe Amanda is in most of the pics because she makes them look even better. I'm still waiting to see the one looking down the waterfall on Upper Heldarado when she was standing at the bottom for a reference point.
                              Steering is still messed up, but I should have parts on there way.
                              Marc D.

Comment

good to know on the steering, you gonna go assisted? I would like to do that some day, but My rig seems to work as is for the time being, you may want to have a big tranny cooler on your steering, I think it helps.
                                Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                                35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X