Moab Bronco Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moab Bronco Safari

I put in for the Vacation to go, not sure if my boss will let me have it, I also don't know about the finances for the trip, I need a stronger Tow-rig, My little 305ci Chevy made it, but it was really slow in the mountains, and I am afraid to try it again, I think I'll kill my transmission or R&P on my 5000 pound half ton truck, towing the Jeep and trailer which add about 5000 more.
    If anyone knows about a well priced 3/4ton (or more)4wd crew-cab Chevy or GMC for sale, 2000 or newer, 6.0 liter gas or Duramax Diesel. Please let me know, I'm still working on getting money together.
    I know you are ford guys, I drive an '03 F550 PG&E truck, It has a ton of power, even at 15,000 pounds. I don't want a ford. I've seen too many problems with my work truck to go that way.
    Not trying to bash anyone's rigs, I just don't want to go that way. Thanks, Frank
    Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
    35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you there Frank. I'm no help on the Chevy, but I will be towing mine there with my half ton FORD for the third time in as many years, and I'm not concerned.
      Maybe you need to drive that 550 a little harder. Mine is on the floor almost the whole time I'm driving it, and it is rarely in the garage. Mine only weighs 12900 though.
      Good luck on the truck search.
      Marc D.
      If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Dam wish I had the bucks to make. If I went any way, I would not be able to do any thing for the rest of my life. Have fun buds!
        1974EB 302v8, NP435, dana 20 twinstick, dana 44, 9 inch Detriot Locker's, 4.88 gears, front disk, Rockbox, wild horses 4.5 inch lift, 4 wheel Warn Full Floater, 35 Super Swamp Bogers.

Comment

so the date is march 1st to the 9th?
          1970 bronco sport,built 351w,built c6 ,np205, 1tons,44's on H1's,ez wiring,tbrid EFI, 3link front & 4link rear.

Comment

Originally posted by broncomitch View Post
            so the date is march 1st to the 9th?
            May 1-9
            Marc D.

Comment

I made my resevation at Moab Rim campground for a full RV hookup site can't wait till May. Whos all going to Bronco Safari from NorCal Broncos?
              Have Truck, Trailer, and Bronco will travel

Jes L.

Comment

I hope I am. No reason why not. I wont go until I lower m rig, so that needs to be done first. It wasnt fun last year being as tall as I was.
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by NORK2BG View Post
                  I made my resevation at Moab Rim campground for a full RV hookup site can't wait till May. Whos all going to Bronco Safari from NorCal Broncos?
                  Still need to call and make my reservation, but I will be there.
                  Marc D.

Comment

shit keeps poppin up here but glad to say Visa is almost paid off so thats one less concern of mine to deal with.

Really need to get my ass in gear, well once the Olympics are done.

Comment

Well trailer is set to go, registration is good to go, co pilot told me today he confirmed our cabin reservations at the Moab Rim is set, just got to do maintainence on the Diesel and get the bronco good to go! Plans are for at least 48 Molson Canadians to be brought down but we will be hittin up the first store we can find for Coors!

Comment

Hey Marc, your rigs apart? I read that in the post on the snow run, you gonna make it? I'm still shopping for a truck, I can't afford new, so I have to weed through the '02-'04 trucks I can afford, I decided to go Duramax Diesel, crew cab,4wd. I am looking all over hoping to find something I can afford. I'll know if I'm going in the next week or 2, depends on the truck.
                        Yes, It's a Jeep, Can't we all just get along?
                        35s,44s locked,102:1 blah, blah, blah. I'll upgrade whatever breaks next, something will, I am sure, hopefully it's something cheap.

Comment

Hope you make it Frank. Yeah, I decided to move the front axle forward four inches and that snowballed into a hundred other things. Should be out of the garage for a test run here soon.
                          Marc D.

Comment

anyone lookin to reserve a cabin, best do it FAST.

Comment

Do you need to reserve a room or campsite? Can't you just hang out and sleep wherever? Just wondering since I plan on going and have never been.

Comment

Originally posted by helbnd1 View Post
                                Do you need to reserve a room or campsite? Can't you just hang out and sleep wherever? Just wondering since I plan on going and have never been.
                                Last year it was set up that the camping was as a group, and it was like 8 dollars a night. The cabins were like fourty a night, and it is just a room with two single beds, a fridge and a table. It was much warmer, and they have A/C if that is needed. I'm thinking I'm just going to tent it this year since the wife is staying home.
                                Marc D.

Comment

Working...
                                X