Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
    I know there's a lot of time between now and then, but I'm assuming there's a place to camp somewhere near the trailhead? Would be nice to cruise in the night before, especially for us out of towners.
    Yes, there are campgrounds at both ends of the trail.

Comment

I would like to do either this trail, or the Rubicon this year, maybe both. Can you give me some idea of where it is out there?

Comment

Originally posted by bigjhoov View Post
        I would like to do either this trail, or the Rubicon this year, maybe both. Can you give me some idea of where it is out there?
        I'd love to have you join us! Here is a map of the area. You can also click on the "Trial Map" and it will give you a close up of the trail. We will be camping the first night at Thompson Lake and the second night at Ershim Lake, then out to Kaiser Pass on the third day.

http://www.californiajeeper.com/dusy_ershim/area.htm

Comment

I'll pencil it in, wife has the weekend off, I'll see if I can get her to swap the Monday. Should be a fun trip. I know my boys and I had a blast on our trip to swamp lake, isn't this basically same terrain/area?
          Would be fun to have you out this way Jerry.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

It looks very doable at this point. It looks like it's pretty far south of where I thought it was. Looks like the Rubicon is pretty far north though, around Tahoe I guess. I'd be okay with just doing the Dusy. I'm sure I could find other things along the way to try too.

Comment

I can't make it my friend is getting married that weekend. Let me know if you change the dates to Aug.
              Last edited by Rockbronco67; 01-11-2010, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjhoov View Post
                It looks very doable at this point. It looks like it's pretty far south of where I thought it was. Looks like the Rubicon is pretty far north though, around Tahoe I guess. I'd be okay with just doing the Dusy. I'm sure I could find other things along the way to try too.
                If you are already going to be all the way out here, the con may be a 5-6 hour drive from Fresno basin with all great highways until Ice House road. I would come all the way here without hitting both that's for sure!
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rockbronco67 View Post
                  I can't make it my friend is getting married that weekend. Let me know if you change the dates to Aug.
                  I was trying to keep it early in the year so I wouldn't interfere with the Rubicon run in Sept so people could do both. But now it looks like the Rubicon run has been moved to June, so we can do this run a little later in the summer to accommodate some of your schedules.

Comment

That would be great. I been wanting to do this trail again since I redid my ride.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                      I was trying to keep it early in the year so I wouldn't interfere with the Rubicon run in Sept so people could do both. But now it looks like the Rubicon run has been moved to June, so we can do this run a little later in the summer to accommodate some of your schedules.
                      Assuming you knuckle heads choose the earlier date, that is still a month separating the trips!
                      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Hey Pat, you still looking at July 23, 24 and 25 for the dates? Looking to submit it to the boss!

Cant wait to be rolling with the RCV axles this summer!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                          Hey Pat, you still looking at July 23, 24 and 25 for the dates? Looking to submit it to the boss!

Cant wait to be rolling with the RCV axles this summer!
                          I'm checking with the boss on those dates as we speak. But yeah, so far that weekend is looking good. What are RCV axles?

Comment

They are CV jointed instead of U Joints, no week point when turning and applying torque up to 45*. A lot of Buggies run them, I believe they make them for Bobby Long. 30 spline outers too, full unconditional warranty on the shafts and the CV joint. They just came out for the D44

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
                              They are CV jointed instead of U Joints, no week point when turning and applying torque up to 45*. A lot of Buggies run them, I believe they make them for Bobby Long. 30 spline outers too, full unconditional warranty on the shafts and the CV joint. They just came out for the D44
                              Ah, ok. When you said "axles" I was thinking complete axles. These are axle shafts, correct? They've been available for the D60 for a while, but it's nice to see them out for the D44 now.

Comment

Push it to Aug.

Comment

Working...
                                X