Dusy Ershim 2010!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

Yup axle shafts. I have however started to stockpile D60s though. Have 2 now. I think I will end up fine with just this upgrade. Save te 60s fr another day.

If the date gets moved let's do it asap, need to put some dates on the calendar.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

OK...it's official. The 2010 Dusy Ershim Run will be July 23, 24 and 25th!

So who is in?

Comment

I'm in...and maybe 4-5 jeeps if ou dont mind them going. All seasoned wheelers.
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I'm out. I will be in Yellowstone.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72 View Post
            I'm out. I will be in Yellowstone.
            Darn, that's too bad Marc. We'll miss you.

Comment

I would like to go on this trip, but will have to check my schedule at work to be sure. I know this summer is filling up with events quickly.

My main concern about the Dusy trail is carrying enough fuel. Maybe its time I add a side tank to the rig.
              1970 Bronco
              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                I'm in...and maybe 4-5 jeeps if ou dont mind them going. All seasoned wheelers.
                Heck ya. All are welcome.

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                I would like to go on this trip, but will have to check my schedule at work to be sure. I know this summer is filling up with events quickly.

My main concern about the Dusy trail is carrying enough fuel. Maybe its time I add a side tank to the rig.
                Or just carry a 5 gal can with you. I'll have my 5 gal. Jerry can full as will a bunch of others I'm sure. We won't leave you to be eaten by the wolves.

Comment

I'll be there. I have 4 5 gal cans if anyone needs to borrow one for the trip. Hoping to build a can/cooler rack before then, otherwise I can stow in the Safari rack.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I'll carry my 5 gallon can in addition to my 23 gallon main tank. I've just never done that much continuous wheeling all at once and I know my pig likes its gas!
                    1970 Bronco
                    My build thread

Comment

Last year Cheesnip73 and Roadtoad both made it all the way through without refuling at all. One has a carb 351W and the other has a 5.0 Mustang EFI engine.

Comment

The Dusy Ershim is by far my favorite trail.

I've got a couple trail reports on here with pics if anybody wants to check it out.
                        We usually do our trip in September and it's never been crowded.
                        A 3 day trip on the Dusy is a pretty good pace. The first time I did it we were there 4 days and that seemed fast.
                        The last time I think we were there 6 or 7 days so we could really enjoy it and get some fishing in. We drove for a day, camped a day, drove for a day, camped for a day....etc.

I would love to make this trip, but if I'm able to do it this year it'll be a similiar plan in September.

Comment

Fuel consumption:
                          I have a carbed 351w. I topped off my 20 gallon rear tank in Shaver and midway through the trip I put in another 5 gallons I carried along with me. Made it out on my own with no extra gas. I tried to conserve the whole way as I was pretty sure I wouldn't have enough. I was pleasantly surprised! I drove to the first and closest gas station possible coming out of Kaiser.

Comment

Well, I have a 3 day trip to Callico area the 10th of April, this trip, the Con trip, and Moab. The wife wants to go with some friends to Vegas during the Dusy trip so I have a choice to make. I will be dropping this trip it seems to make the bosswife happy. If the Mother in law won't watch kids for Vegas, friends cancel, or wife doesn't want to go, I am in. So the chances are better for me going than not...
                            “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

I'm still keeping an eye on this trip. My wife is due within 4 weeks of this date, so we will see. Darin
                              67 Bronco blue - LS 6.0, 6l90, & atlas (working on it)
                              69 Bronco red - F/I 302,c-4,36" TSL S/X( sitting next to a barn)
                              69 Bronco Yellow - TBI 350,th350, 203/205, Dana 60, 14 bolt, 4-link rear, 3 link front,full hydro, body narrowed 8", 39.9 Iroks on Walker Evans
                              79 CJ 5 360 v8 t18 33's locked & sprung over (sitting in a barn since 2000)
                              67 Camaro Lq4,built 200r4,Hotchkis suspension(work in progre$$)

Comment

Interested. How difficult is this trail? Not much off road experience here

Comment

Working...
                                X