Dusy Ershim 2010!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

Pretty sure I am out. I will be in Baja the following week, so that leave no time!
    WT 4x4
    91' One Ton Bronco
    1971 Bronco
    9/11/01 Never Forget

Comment

Figured I'd dredge this thread up since I'm trying to get a couple days off for travel to and from. Call me crazy but I'm thinking of driving the Bronco to and from the trail!

Similar to the Rubicon thread - can we start a list of folks planning to go?

1. Crawlin68
      2. CityHick (fingers crossed)

[edit] CRAP! This summer is not cooperating with me doing any wheeling! Per my boss, I can do this trip only if we shifted to a Sat-Sun-Monday run (24-26). Figured I'd toss this out there but I know its probably too short of notice for most who have been planning these dates for 6+ months already. This is not helping my "12%er" reputation is it?
      Last edited by CityHick; 06-29-2010, 08:13 AM.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I'll be in, fri-sun or sat-mon works for me. I'll be bringing my 4 and 6 year old.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

sat-mon works for me too. This is Pat's run, so IMHO it is up to him. Speak up old man!!! Josh, I will bring Carson then!
          “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
            Josh, I will bring Carson then!
            WooHoo! My boys will be excited about that. Maybe Patrick will bring Austin with him too.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

I'll check with the in-laws (IE. baby sitters) to see if Sat-Mon works for them. Tony, if we do change the dates, you had better go!

I'm bringing my wife and 3 year old.
              Last edited by crawlin68; 07-01-2010, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                I'll check with the in-laws (IE. baby sitters) to see if Sat-Mon works for them. Tony, if we do change the dates, you had better go!

I'm bringing my wife and 3 year old.
                I just scheduled the 26-27th off - so I'm good to go. IF you guys can accomodate my f'd up last minute schedule change I'll plan on going, and I'll bring a few extra beers for your troubles!

I'll likely bring one passenger, possibly another rig as well. I scheduled the extra day in the event I need it, not planning on spending any longer on the trail than y'all - its just a safety cushion in the event I have to fix my rig in some unplanned way...

If your schedules can't change, I'll deal with it so don't feel obligated.
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

Looks like Sat, Sun, Mon is a go! So will meet at the trailhead at Courtright Resivoir at 9:00am on Sat, July 24th and head in.

So, who all is in?

Comment

Looks like Sat, Sun, Mon is a go! So will meet at the trailhead at Courtright Resivoir at 9:00am on Sat, July 24th and head in.

So, who all is in?
                    I'm going to try and make it, but I am still a maybe at this point. The bronco needs an ARB seal housing and I need to recover from knee surgery. I'll keep you posted.
                    69, 342 EFI, C4, NP203, D20, 4.5" SL, 2" BL, 4.88 9" 35 spline ARB, 4.88 HP D44, WAH, ARB, CTM's, front disc , 37 x 14.50 Toyo MT, Ram Assist, and rear 4-link

Comment

Sounds good Patrick - I'm glad the dates could shift! I'm still planning on making the trip and I'm looking for a passenger but have had no firm yes answers yet. Is there anybody heading down from the north who'd like to caravan down with me? I don't like making drives that long in my Bronco without help close by, and I don't have a trailer. It's not that I don't trust my Bronco; its just a long haul for a long trail...

I will plan on heading down Friday PM after work and finding a place to roll out the tent for the night somewhere near the trailhead. I do not know this area at all so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm still a little worried about being able to carry enough gas, my pig likes its petrol!
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Im in with Carson. If the mom in law will watch the baby, the wife is in too.
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
                          Sounds good Patrick - I'm glad the dates could shift! I'm still planning on making the trip and I'm looking for a passenger but have had no firm yes answers yet. Is there anybody heading down from the north who'd like to caravan down with me? I don't like making drives that long in my Bronco without help close by, and I don't have a trailer. It's not that I don't trust my Bronco; its just a long haul for a long trail...

I will plan on heading down Friday PM after work and finding a place to roll out the tent for the night somewhere near the trailhead. I do not know this area at all so I'm open to suggestions.

I'm still a little worried about being able to carry enough gas, my pig likes its petrol!
                          We will be camping near the trailhead on Friday night too. Let me know what time you'll be down here and we can meet up with you and set up camp Friday night somewhere by Courtright Lake.

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel View Post
                          Im in with Carson. If the mom in law will watch the baby, the wife is in too.
                          That would be great if your wife and son can make it. My wife and son are coming too.

Comment

Originally posted by highlander View Post
                            I'm going to try and make it, but I am still a maybe at this point. The bronco needs an ARB seal housing and I need to recover from knee surgery. I'll keep you posted.
                            What the heck did you do to your knee? Hopefully you'll be healed up by then.

Comment

We will be camping near the trailhead on Friday night too. Let me know what time you'll be down here and we can meet up with you and set up camp Friday night somewhere by Courtright Lake.
                              I'll PM you my cell and we'll designate a CB and/or FRS/GMRS channel to listen for eachother on. I will most likely be leaving Livermore at around 3:30 that Friday and I know its a pretty long drive, so it'll probably be a late arrival for me. For now it might just be me and my dog - the passenger seat is open and I have no takers yet.

I am looking forward to this trip - the way things have been going this summer it may be the only actual crawling I get to do. I got home from a camping trip in the EB today and it needs a little tweaking but nothing major. Barring anything unforseen, I will be making this trip.
                              1970 Bronco
                              My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by welndmn View Post
                                Yes, I'm in. I have been wanting on that trail for a long time.
                                Keep me up to speed. I can drive on the road, I just hate it.
                                U still in??

Comment

Working...
                                X