Dusy Ershim 2010!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

The new plan is to run the Coyote Lake trail on the same dates. It's a super fun trail and two beautful lakes. We'll be camping right on Coyote Lake so bring your fish'n stuff and a frying pan!

They will have the trail open after this coming weekend. So who is still in?

Comment

any future plans to run Dusy?
      69 bronco, 72 bronco, 66 vert stang

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
        The new plan is to run the Coyote Lake trail on the same dates. It's a super fun trail and two beautful lakes. We'll be camping right on Coyote Lake so bring your fish'n stuff and a frying pan!

They will have the trail open after this coming weekend. So who is still in?
        I'm still in. Fishing sounds good after a day of wheeling. How long are the trails you're talking about? I'm good with whatever, and I need to start catching fish if I keep paying for annual licenses!
        1970 Bronco
        My build thread

Comment

Originally posted by brocbronc View Post
          any future plans to run Dusy?
          Yes, looking at some dates in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
            I'm still in. Fishing sounds good after a day of wheeling. How long are the trails you're talking about? I'm good with whatever, and I need to start catching fish if I keep paying for annual licenses!
            It's about a half day trail ride to get to Coyote Lake. We could stop and eat lunch at Red Lake (which is on the same trail about at the half way point) then drive on to Coyote Lake to set up camp. This would be on Saturday. Then Sunday we could go fishing, hiking, shooting or do some more wheeling and return to the same camp. Then on Monday wheel out.
            Last edited by crawlin68; 07-10-2010, 08:41 AM.

Comment

I'm in for Coyote. Not a fisherman at all. I have poles, but no tackle. Does a 5 year old need a license?

Late August is way better for me ont he Dusy, but will still go if in September...
              “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Awesome. By then a friend of mine should have his fire breathing 347 operational so I'll probably be there with a second rig. September is fairly open for me aside from Labor Day weekend, so time off should not be a problem.

It's about a half day trail ride to get to Coyote Lake. We could stop and eat lunch at Red Lake (which is on the same trail about at the half way point) then drive on to Coyote Lake to set up camp. This would be on Saturday. Then Sunday we could go fishing, hiking or do some more wheeling and return to the same camp. Then on Monday wheel out.
                Sounds perfect. Does the trail basically end at Coyote Lake, meaning we go back out the same way we came in? I was looking at some pictures of the area online last night and it looks like a nice place to set up camp, and the wheeling looks good too. I'll stick to my original plan of driving down after work on Friday and finding a spot to camp near the trail head. Patrick, are you still planning on that too? Any suggestions where to stay that night?
                1970 Bronco
                My build thread

Comment

I'm over 87% sure I'm in.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Awesome. By then a friend of mine should have his fire breathing 347 operational so I'll probably be there with a second rig. September is fairly open for me aside from Labor Day weekend, so time off should not be a problem.

Sounds perfect. Does the trail basically end at Coyote Lake, meaning we go back out the same way we came in? I was looking at some pictures of the area online last night and it looks like a nice place to set up camp, and the wheeling looks good too. I'll stick to my original plan of driving down after work on Friday and finding a spot to camp near the trail head. Patrick, are you still planning on that too? Any suggestions where to stay that night?
                    Yeah, the trail ends at Coyote Lake. I'll probably just go up Saturday morning and meet up with everyone. There is a nice campground at Huntington Lake, which is just up the road a few miles from the turn off to Red Lake/Coyote Lake on HWY 168. I can't remember the name of campground right now, but it's right on Huntington Lake.

Comment

[QUOTE=Delta 4 Wheel;81694] Does a 5 year old need a license?
                      [QUOTE]

No but if you handle the pole for him you will need one. ( You can't touch it while fishing)
                      Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                      After a huge amount of reflection, I have determined that what I saw in ukiah was in fact Brians bronco. I was also informed by my wife that she infact heard it run!!

Comment

Yeah, the trail ends at Coyote Lake. I'll probably just go up Saturday morning and meet up with everyone. There is a nice campground at Huntington Lake, which is just up the road a few miles from the turn off to Red Lake/Coyote Lake on HWY 168. I can't remember the name of campground right now, but it's right on Huntington Lake.
                        We should meet up on the way in.

[quote=Bronco Brian;81711][quote=Delta 4 Wheel;81694] Does a 5 year old need a license?

No but if you handle the pole for him you will need one. ( You can't touch it while fishing)
                        What a pain in the ass...thanks for the information.
                        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The drive down there is going to be fun... now that there's a nice hot heatwave setting in on us, and me with an open top, no door, no AC rig! I'm still planning to head down Friday after work barring any unforeseen changes in the next week and a half. The rig's running good and doesn't seem to need anything for a change.

So Carl - a while back we bounced the idea around of a beer exchange on the trail, but since I did not make the 'con trip, I wasn't able to hold up my end of the deal. I can bring a few bottles of Russian River "Pliny the Elder" to exchange for something good from your neck of the woods... Lengthwise was it? Anybody else in for the beer exchange?
                          1970 Bronco
                          My build thread

Comment

The drive down there is going to be fun... now that there's a nice hot heatwave setting in on us, and me with an open top, no door, no AC rig! I'm still planning to head down Friday after work barring any unforeseen changes in the next week and a half. The rig's running good and doesn't seem to need anything for a change.

So Carl - a while back we bounced the idea around of a beer exchange on the trail, but since I did not make the 'con trip, I wasn't able to hold up my end of the deal. I can bring a few bottles of Russian River "Pliny the Elder" to exchange for something good from your neck of the woods... Lengthwise was it? Anybody else in for the beer exchange?
                            The beer exchange sounds good, but everything that I can get here, I'm sure you can get there. So I'm afraid that it wouldn't be very exciting.

Comment

MMM! Trout fresh outta the creek and in foil with lemon and a little garlic/ pappys butter! Maybe I'll call in dead to work!
                              Seriously though, If any of you guys need to drop a vehicle/ trailer in a SAFE spot, my place has room. I'm on rockhill, At the bottom of the 4Lane.
                              73' balanced .060 302, NP435, 1"BL, 2 1/2 "pops" susp lift and more to come!!

Comment

Is it really 5 hours away from me? yikes!
                                Tony-
                                What time were you planning on leaving?
                                {o===o}
                                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                                Originally posted by CityHick
                                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X