Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

Originally posted by 71BRONCO71 View Post
    Is it really 5 hours away from me? yikes!
    Tony-
    What time were you planning on leaving?
    Ryan,
    It is a long haul. I would not doubt its 5 hours. If all goes well, I would plan on leaving my house around 4PM on Friday. My boss told us absolutely NO vacation time next week since we have a few people out for various reasons, but I'm going to see if I can do a half day or something like that on Friday, in which case I could feasibly leave as early as 11 or noon since 10am is technically a half day for me

I just hope the weather cools down a little between now and then... Or somebody feels like loaning me a trailer
    1970 Bronco
    My build thread

Comment

Update: It's not actually 5 hours to Shaver from Livermore... its less than 200 miles (which means my AAA tow service will get me home in the worst case scenario)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,5.410767&z=8

The trail I believe is less than 20 miles out of Shaver.
      Last edited by CityHick; 07-15-2010, 07:37 PM.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

I have to pull a TN and say.... im 87% sure I will go.
        All of my crew is down for the summer.
        Blazer - Overheated 350 (cracked)
        FJ40 - Engine swap (Sheared piston)
        Toy truck - Exploded front gears
        I REALY want to use my rig this summer and the only excuse I can find is the drive down. I going to sleep on it this weekend and see if I can handle that drive going 60mph with no doors or Bikini top
        {o===o}
        Originally posted by TBS-POPS
        EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
        Originally posted by CityHick
        I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I REALY want to use my rig this summer and the only excuse I can find is the drive down. I going to sleep on it this weekend and see if I can handle that drive going 60mph with no doors or Bikini top
          I know how that goes. My whole crew is down too.
          FJ40(s) - in pieces for years
          FJ60 - squirrely handling + broke owner = no wheeling
          Bronco - Currently getting a new 347
          My Bronco - ready to go!

I found a route thats about 175 miles. What happened to your bikini top? What about running the soft top with the windows zipped/rolled out?

I'm going.. would be cool to have a 2nd rig with me on that drive. No pressure!
          1970 Bronco
          My build thread

Comment

Hell ya man!! If you come down, I'll buy the popcorn!!

Comment

Originally posted by CityHick View Post
              Update: It's not actually 5 hours to Shaver from Livermore... its less than 200 miles (which means my AAA tow service will get me home in the worst case scenario)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...4,5.410767&z=8

The trail I believe is less than 20 miles out of Shaver.
              Yes, the turn off of 168 to head into the trial is only about 15 minutes above Shaver Lake. Lets all meet there say around 10:00am. Right at the turn off of 168. There is a sign there that says Red Lake/Coyote Lake trialhead. If you get to the Sierra Summit Ski Area, you went too far. And if you see Huntington Lake, you went way too far.

Comment

Originally posted by crawlin68 View Post
                Hell ya man!! If you come down, I'll buy the popcorn!!
                Good! cause gas is going to kill me. Do we need fiewood?

I know how that goes. My whole crew is down too.
                FJ40(s) - in pieces for years
                FJ60 - squirrely handling + broke owner = no wheeling
                Bronco - Currently getting a new 347
                My Bronco - ready to go!

I found a route thats about 175 miles. What happened to your bikini top? What about running the soft top with the windows zipped/rolled out?

I'm going.. would be cool to have a 2nd rig with me on that drive. No pressure!
                Fawking friends with "problems". More like a lack of motivation. The only reason why I showed up to work on time everyday for the past couple months was so I could go on the con trip.
                I dont know if the soft top will blow off at freeway speeds with the windows off.
                As I was coming down 50 to hwy 99 from the con, my bikini top blew off. One of the straps broke right where it was stitched. I still have it, but Mom will not let me touch her sewing machine. Ive been debating buying a new bikini top or getting a safari top. I do not want to buy another bikini top and I am not sure if a safari top will work. WH is the only place that sells a safari top that will work with the Bestop riser (Will not get rid of). My cage is setup different then most in the rear + the speakers might be in the way. I figured next time I am around stockton on a weekday, I will ask to see if I could try it out.

...I do have a kayak that would make an interesting top for the time being...
                {o===o}
                Originally posted by TBS-POPS
                EXCUSSSSSSE ME oh RUBIMASTER!!! I forgot how Awesome YOU ARE!!! I BEG your forgivness....
                Originally posted by CityHick
                I don't give probabilities in percentage format anymore

Comment

I could probably find some - and its never a bad idea to bring it but my Almond wood is not seasoned and does not burn very well yet.

As I was coming down 50 to hwy 99 from the con, my bikini top blew off. One of the straps broke right where it was stitched.

That sucks man. I've often wondered how often that happens. I love my safari top, it really completes the look with a family cage, and it gives my dog some shade too.

Bring that kayak!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

Nope, there will be plenty of wood up there. I'll bring an axe. Anyone have a firewood saw or axe?

Bring your kayak! I'm going to bring a blow up raft that I have to go out onto the lake and do some paddling around and fishing.
                    Last edited by crawlin68; 07-16-2010, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Re: Dusy Ershim 2010!

My axe is always packed, and I'll bring a hatchet too. I might have some form of "camp saw" around as well. Anybody have a chain saw?
                      1970 Bronco
                      My build thread

Comment

Anybody have a chain saw?
                        I do have a little Craftsman chain saw. I can allways throw it in.

Comment

I do have a little Craftsman chain saw. I can allways throw it in.
                          Quicker but less fun
                          68 Slightly modified
                          67 LUBR once again
                          61 Willy Wagon

Comment

So who all is in for this trip? So far it looks like definite Yes answers from myself, Carl, and Patrick. I am looking very forward to this trip, its been way too long since my rig's been in the rocks... Rubicon 09 actually!

...then Sunday we could go fishing, hiking, shooting or do some more wheeling and return to the same camp. Then on Monday wheel out.

One week from today we'll be kicking back with a few cold ones... Pat mentioned shooting. I think I'm going to bring my 22, 12ga, and some targets. How's the fishing in that lake? Hopefully we'll have some trout to compliment whatever meals we're all bringing up!
                            1970 Bronco
                            My build thread

Comment

Fishing is good. This will be the first time that I'm bringing a boat, so I'm looking forward to fishing out in the middle of the lake for a change. I'm going to bring my Glock 9mm for a little shoot'n action fun.

I can't wait, this is going to be a great trip!!

Comment

XD40 will be in the gear

So if I hunt fish with my gun and a net do I need a license?

I'll have some beef with me just in case you guys strike out on the fish
                                Last edited by PDXBronco; 07-18-2010, 05:47 PM.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Working...
                                X