January 2nd snow run to Hume Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2nd snow run to Hume Lake

Went up with a friends club (Central Valley Crawlers) to Hume Lake area Yesterday. This is up in the Sequoia National Forest. Not much snow made it for a pretty standard trip. No matter, it sure beats sitting at home. Here are some poser pics. Only poser pics because not much other that driving! Thanks for going Patrick!

I was having problems with the motor running kind of rough so while pulling it onto the trailer I did a small power brake and dug the tires in reverse. Well, doing this spun the splines in the passenger side of the spool! I guess that's what I get for spending 70 bucks on a summit brand. Time for an ARB I guess.
    Attached Files
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Re: January 2nd snow run to Hume Lake

I got to clean puke all day instead of going...brings the suck. Looks like you had enough snow to have some fun....those are some big trees

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Looks like fun. I'm thinking seriously about dropping my hard top off at Miracle for a quick-n-dirty paint job, hammering the doors out and shooting a little orange on them so that I can more comfortably do winter trips like that.

And I agree with your comment, its time for an ARB, you'll love it.
      1970 Bronco
      My build thread

Comment

Have you had your V8 today!?

Ignore my squeaky fan belt. Part way through the day, I had a serp belt split on me. My belt was only about a 1/4 wide for the rest of the day. I can't believe it didn't break completely. I even drove it all the home like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJzL1QWlbMs

Comment

I was wishing I could have been there, and then I saw the video, and then I was really wishing I could have been there.
          Marc D.
          If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Hey Pat, I love your ghetto soft doors over your tube doors I guess it is better than trash bags :-X
            Last edited by PDXBronco; 01-03-2010, 03:42 PM.

Thats how I rub...I mean roll!

Comment

Originally posted by PDXBronco View Post
              Hey Pat, I love your ghetto soft doors over your tube doors I guess it is better than trash bags :-X
              Heeeeeeyyyyy, I worked a long time to figure out how to mount those without sratching up the tube doors. They kept the mud off of me and they kept me nice and warm too!

Comment

Looks like a good variety of rigs, broncos, land cruisers,toy P/Us
                73 bronco 351,nv4500,stk3spd,4.88,hp60f&r,detroit,arb,o/b air,welder,etc.
                77,351 mass air efi ,nv4500 atlas 3.8 4.88,detroit31 spline,arb44 o/b air5.5 lift etc.
                70 4.5 lift 351 c-4 d20 big bearing in progress.

Comment

Nice video, nothing like the sound of screaming Ford V8s and the sight of snow rooster tails!
                  1970 Bronco
                  My build thread

Comment

"he hit me in the ding ding"

lol
                    Idle hands equates to wild horses getting my money

Comment

Looks like a very nice place.
                      Got any more details about it?
                      Mark Harris
                      71 Bronco, 9 inch, 60, c4, Stak 3 speed, and 42 inch balloons.

Comment

Very Nice Carl! Either you go REALLY little or Carson got huge!
                        '88 347 roller, Exploder EFI, WH Shorties, NP435, twin stick D-20 with Tera lows, 44 4:56's w/ARB chromos and CTMs, 9" Detroit, cust dash, wiring and STILL ALMOST "DONE"!...

Comment

Working...
                        X