Rubicon Trip Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon Trip Results

The pictures really tell the story, but it was a fantastic trip this past weekend on the Rubicon. It will now become an annual Spring trip for me.
    Attached Files

Looks like a great time with the family. Thanks for sharing the pics
    1967, 302,C4, I DID it Not SOME FRIGGEN SHOP.

Comment

Really cool. How far in did you make it? Thanks for the pics...
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Very cool Mike, but like Delta said "how far did ya get in??"
        72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
        1 Cor 16:13-14

Comment

Ya looks great!! Damn Lets get up there!!
          Thanks for the pics!!!
          Aaron
          KK6DAD
          70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Sweet Mike! Let's do it again in July! Doug and I are planning July 6th - 8th. So far we've got two EB's and a few Toyota's. Same group as our trip last year to Fordyce.
            72 Sport

Comment

awesome pics...wish I could have gone...but I will be up there next weekend...
              70 Bronco, 5.0, ARB front 44, Detroit 9in Rear, Dana 20 w/ Rock Eaters, NP435, Beadlocked 36X13.5 IROXS

2001 F-250, triple gauges, ATO Tranny, 35 SST's, line-x, bully dogged!

Comment

i was up there fishing on sunday... i was wondering who went in from loon..lol
                how was the water flow in the granite bowl? did you get past walker?
                70 Bronco with extras; 351W TBI,C-4, D20, HP44 locked w/ 4.56, locked 9" w/31spline, 35 tires, pb 4w-disc, on a 5.5 lift with WAH and Rockers.

Comment

Bastards!! Aint seen snow like that up here in the "SUPPOSEDLY" great white north in at least 2 years! !!

NO wonder why I had to suffer the quitos that woulda been killed by one of our traditional 20' fires, hell I even wanted to try a couple sobe bombs that I keep seein on pirate! But NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fire ban on in most of Southwestern Alberta!

Comment

Just think, that is in May. should have seen it in Feb.
                    Marc D.
                    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

I apologize for taking so long to respond.

We went across the slabes and up near walker. We were getting short on time and had left the Jeep at Gate-keeper. (Owner did not want to continue)

The first day we tried to go in through Wentworth Springs, then decided to go in through Loon Lake. At first we thought the Loon lake route was impassable, and Wentworth would be easier. It was the opposite.

This trip also marked the first time my daughter went with me on a camping trip without mom. Since mom has to stay home and take care of the new baby.

The snow gave the trail a new look and different feel. An added bonus was no people. We worked on our recovery techniques, and believe we have them down for next year. Between winches, straps, and a couple of ATV loading ramps we used as snow ladders, we were able to get through the tougher spots.

On a side note......we went through the "New Gatekeeper".....and think the name needs to be changed to...pebble beach...maybe..something like that.

So ...we are planning an extended trip for next year of this nature. Anybody who is interested in such an adventure let me know.

By the way the 2006 Dusy/Ershim Expedition is still a go. Sept 16 to 23.
                      If you want to go...let me know. We did thid trail last year in 4 days, and felt 8 days would be much more enjoyable.
                      Last edited by Mike C; 05-27-2006, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X