Rubicon trip 2-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubicon trip 2-4

Well, I hit the rubicon this last weekend on a last minute invite, and had a blast. Camped at Evens Creek both nights, and went into Little Sluice twice. Friday night I ended up breaking a drivers side axle in the box, so I backed out to the bypass on the right side, and when I tried to climb up and out I broke a rear output shaft. Winched my way to the top, and went to work. Thanks to my friend Will H. I was able to replace the axle and output shaft, and get back to camp. Sat. was just a great day of wheeling, but I didn't go for the box again since I didn't want to possibly break Will's spare output. Once I get the upgraded output, I will go for it again. Oh yeah, it was two broncos and four Yotas. Man those Yotas do well.
    What few pics I got, since I didn't have a passenger to take pics, will be posted soon.
    Marc D.
    If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

I bet that was fun!! Any snow??

A

KK6DAD
    70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

Just on the ground in our campsite. Most likely gone by now though. It was quite warm during the days and I'm guessing it was only getting down into the mid 40's at night.
      Marc D.

Comment

Here are some of the pics.
        Attached Files
        Marc D.

Comment

Nice pics Mark! Man I want to get up there soon! I don't think I know anyone that breaks more stuff than you do. (he he) Looks like you guys have a great time. Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics, looks like you had fun. I've got a pic of my Bronco on the same rock your on in the 2nd pic, brings back good memories and we need to plan a group trip.

Comment

Would be nice to plan another trip up there, but with how busy this summer is going to be, I don't know when I will be able to hit it again. It was a blast, and I will return to concor.
              Marc D.

Comment

Working...
              X