Labor Day wheeling up to Coyote Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Day wheeling up to Coyote Lake

Got some friends together for a camping/wheeling trip this past weekend. A couple of the Broncos that were supposed to go, didn't end up going due to mechanical problems, including mine because my engine didn't get done in time so I just played spotter all weekend. So we ended up with 2 Broncos, a 4Runner and an FJ-40 with a 454 big block in it. We went up to a nice camping spot above Shaver Lake that I like to go to at least once a year and that served as our base camp for the weekend.

Saturday we went up to the top Bald Mt. and hit some nice obstacles on the way up and down the Mt. Sunday we went up to Red Lake on our way up to Coyote Lake. It was awesome trip! The Coyote Lake trail is a challenging trail even for the well set up rigs. We came across a broken down Heep that was abandoned as they went down the hill for parts. We had some carnage ourselves, but nothing to debilitating that we couldn't get home. The FJ lost a fuel pump, the 4Runner slid off a rock into a tree and got his first dent in his body. (rear quarter panel) and one of Broncos landed hard on his rock ski and pushed his front fender, and door up a little. He also hit his rear quarter on a tree. (thank god for the BC quarter protectors) We also tore his frame at the steering box and bashed his tie in all the way to the diff. (Twice) We had to wrap his winch cable around a tree and back to his tie rod and "gently" pull the tie rod back out. (Twice!)

All in all it was a great trip and all of the rigs performed great!
    Attached Files

Here are some more.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats some good wheelin!! Nice lookin broncos!!

Aaron
      KK6DAD
      70 Miles to the Rubicon!

Comment

I am definitely going to get up to this spot...beautiful..

YOur engine isn't done? Fire the basterd building it for you. He has had it for over a month!
        “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Delta 4 Wheel
          YOur engine isn't done? Fire the basterd building it for you. He has had it for over a month!

Do you have his phone number? I'm going to call his butt. Knowing him, he's probably going out of town and not going to finish it for another week!

Comment

Nice pics Patrick. Wish I could have joined you but I was here.
            Last edited by earlybronco72; 01-03-2009, 01:30 PM.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Originally posted by earlybronco72
              Nice pics Patrick. Wish I could have joined you but I was here.

Ok......you win!! LOL!

Comment

I'll be laying on Waikiki Tuesday afternoon...
                “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

Working...
                X