Mr. R's rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. R's rebuild

Just wanted to post up a new project I have taken for the winter.
    Job - complete the cage for the whole family
    - bumpers front and rear
    - tube fenders
    - whatever else we dream up from there

So here she is from the start - she has been alot of places so the next time we want her to get there with style
    Attached Files
    72EB, one-ton fab project that will never end

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
    1 Cor 16:13-14

So here goes the cage add-on
    Attached Files

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.

Comment

Cool...I look forward to seeing this come together...

At least I am not the only one taking side jobs. Is the wife ok with it? Mine has made it clear that my rig is the next project to be completed..I have to agree.
      “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.” TJ

Comment

The wife is as long as it doesn't cut directly into family time - I agree.
        She understands over then next decade or so I want to have an established business so if I get hurt (or hopefully when I retire) I have something to keep me out of trouble

Comment

Got a few more things done and got the "c" posts lined up right
          Attached Files

Comment

Just got to say you do good work Chuck. Keep us posted.
            Marc D.
            If you drive with rage, drive a cage.

Comment

Looks great!
              72 Sport

Comment

Is that yours Randy? If so you sure have been getting out and using it. From what i remember a few years back it didn't seem to have a scratch on it.

Comment

Hey Chuck, the cage looks good. Maybe in the future I can hit you up for a little add on to mine.
                  302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Originally posted by Howdy
                    Is that yours Randy? If so you sure have been getting out and using it. From what i remember a few years back it didn't seem to have a scratch on it.
                    Hey Steve...yep, that's my baby! She's been taking a beating but coming out on top. Finally I felt it was time to make some safety mods especially with 3 kids and all.

In fact, I just got the vacuum assist to set up the power brakes in the mail today from our good friends at Wildhorses.

I expect that she'll be ready well before the snow starts to fall this year...Thus, Iron Mountain Road has my name all over it! Let me know when the Posse has trail detail...maybe you, Chuck and I can represent the EB in force.
                    72 Sport

Comment

maybe you, Chuck and I can represent the EB in force.
                      Yea, but only if Steve has got another one (sold the beautiful blue one) last year.
                      FM

Comment

Maybe in the future I can hit you up for a little add on to mine.
                        No problem, I hope to be done with Mr. R's by 1st of the year but the cage went together faster then expected so far. I hope to wrap the cage up by Oct 15 but it may happen sooner (just don't want to end up being late) .

Comment

Just some update pics - I have the cage built , just need to tie in the front seats and belts to the cage, add some tube gussets and then pull 'er out for finish welding. For whoever is interested everything added is 2" or 1.5" DOM tubing.
                          Thanks FM
                          Attached Files

Comment

"Mr. R" is Happy!

SWEET! Nice work Chuck!
                            72 Sport

Comment

Me likey the bar
                              302, edelbrock heads, roller rockers, intake, sanderson shorty headers,

Comment

Working...
                              X